Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. Because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, our customers trust that we will deliver on their needs today while investing in innovative experiences that will power the future of the industry.
About the team:
The fintech team within Toast is responsible for processing payments on behalf of our restaurants. Payment processing is a key source of Toast’s revenue and also the lifeblood of our customers’ business: we process billions of dollars in transactions every month. The Fintech team in Bangalore is rapidly growing and we are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team as we embark on the journey of solving new problems in the fintech space and also scale our systems to meet the future demands.
About this roll*:
As a Senior Product Manager in the Fintech team, you will be responsible for building & scaling the team’s processes and products. You will work closely with cross-functional team members to set a broader vision for the streams you lead that will help Toast process restaurant payments more efficiently and also enhance customer trust in the ecosystem. You will execute the vision by designing and implementing technical solutions, increasing automation and working cross-functionally to address several problems in the fintech space.
This is a highly visible role and a fantastic opportunity to grow your product management career and become an influential leader in a fast-paced and fast-growing company. You will have product ownership, interaction with key stakeholders, influence on direction, and see a direct impact of your contributions to the Restaurant Industry.
What you will do?
- Lead a product stream within the Fintech product organization.
- Set an inspirational vision and drive the long term strategy for your overall product area.
- Drive product design and prioritization decisions across directly managed teams, and work closely with teams across Toast’s product portfolio
- Launch meaningful products solving complex business problems working across geographies (US, Ireland and India) and our business.
- Identify opportunities and develop perspectives on the most impactful things to build with your team, and then go do the work required to build those experiences
- Define the strategy and coordinate actions across the org – Design, Client & Server Engineering, Data Science, Risk, Machine Learning, Customer Operations, and Legal – and with external partners to enable its success.
- Have massive impact and a wide scope, you’ll find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working as a product manager on large-scale consumer or enterprise products
- Successfully led a complex product or business area with a lot of partners/stakeholders
- Strong communication skills. You know how to build trust, set goals, and get things done. You aren’t afraid of using whatever channel (face-to-face, email, Whatsapp) is required. You communicate product requirements through your design skills
- Independent and curious, you set your own targets, ask for help when you need it and are always looking to learn something new
- You are a self-starter, you love to understand systems inside out, and make it your mission to deliver quality products
- A knack for finding a way to get what you want, without waiting for conditions to be perfect
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently layout and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction
- Prior payment experience is not needed.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.