Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Toast is looking for a strategic, technical, and motivated team player to lead the ‘CS Ops’ function within our centralized operations team. This role is critical for executing our Care and Customer Success strategy to meet our ambitious goals. You will create the operational workflows through which we troubleshoot issues and support our customers throughout their post live journey including adoption, upsell and renewal. You will ensure our architecture and processes are scalable across all our product lines, customer segments, geographies, and channels. In doing so, you work closely with stakeholders in Customer Care, Restaurant Success, Customer Education, CS Enablement, and Professional Services to understand their strategies and devise approaches to bring them to life, and work with stakeholders in finance and Sales to ensure upstream and downstream processes run smoothly. You will lead a team to align on priorities, define a roadmap, gather requirements, transform business processes, and partner with our technical delivery team to execute our plan. Your work will have a significant impact on the experience of our team and our customers and will be critical in helping Toast get to the next level of scale.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work with stakeholders in Customer Care, Restaurant Success, Customer Education and CS Enablement to identify goals and challenges, including KPIs that we plan to impact
- Be a strategic thought partner for stakeholders on how to bring their core strategies and priorities to life
- Be the product manager for the scaling core CS functionality; build out a short-and-long term roadmap that is aligned with stakeholders and addresses company goals
- Identify and implement business transformation efforts by understanding the current state and designing processes and technology that get us to a desired future state
- Build partnership with technical team to ensure our Salesforce and other supporting technologies are built to meet business goals and scale over time
- Communicate with executive leadership and stakeholders on key priorities, progress against those priorities, and impact of our work
- Build and manage a team of 2-3 individuals that will help gather requirements and transform business needs into functional and technical requirements; provide coaching, guidance and feedback to drive high-performance and employee satisfaction
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5-10 years of Operations, Product Management, Business Systems / Applications consulting, or other equivalent experience
- Must have experience with Salesforce, experience with downstream systems like Netsuite (or other billing + ERP tools) preferred
- Demonstrated experience of solving complex problems using a data-driven approach, and critical thinking capabilities to see beyond the initial problem presented
- Demonstrated experience in improving processes to drive efficiency
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with executive leadership; being able to distill complex technical concepts into a simple, easy-to-understand story
- Experience in managing projects from conception to delivery
- Strong working knowledge of the overlap between operations, systems, and external applications
- Experience in managing individuals and building out teams
- Action-oriented, “can do” attitude demonstrating willingness to accept accountability and responsibility for individual actions, and team results.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.