Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. The Senior Revenue Manager is able to leverage their technical expertise with US GAAP, and specifically ASC 606 and SaaS revenue accounting, to quickly identify accounting implications and impacts to customers while collaborating with team members cross-functionally to develop operational processes that help us scale.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Mentor a team and support continuous improvement on the contract review process and technical revenue accounting policies.
- Review non-standard customer agreements to evaluate revenue recognition impacts and propose solutions that align with internal policies and company objectives.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of accounting theories and principles, specifically relating to the software industry.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders (legal, revenue operations, sales, etc.) to collaborate on non-routine transactions, new product offerings and process improvements.
- Document accounting conclusions in audit ready memos and lead communication of those conclusions among internal and external stakeholders including auditors.
- Draft and maintain revenue accounting policies and advise on the implementation of new accounting conclusions.
- Enhance existing operational processes to provide good service to our business partners while maximizing efficiency for the technical revenue accounting team.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 10+ years of experience working in a combination of auditing and revenue accounting in the software industry
- Strong technical revenue accounting knowledge of US GAAP and specifically ASC 606
- Highly adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an emphasis on quality
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize competing projects and adhere to deadlines
- Proven record of mentoring and developing talent
- Experience working cross functionally with Finance, Legal and Sales to identify accounting issues proactively and research applicable US GAAP implications as necessary
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Preferred experience with Salesforce CPQ, Netsuite and Zuora-RevPro
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.