Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is looking for a Senior Front End Engineer to join our newly formed Billing Team in Dublin where you will be responsible for building out a new 360 degree billing experience for Toast customers which will drive 100% of their billing-related activities via customer self-service. Partnering with stakeholders, product managers, product designers, product data analysts, and other engineers, you will be part of a team developing a best-in-class solution that delivers functionality that delights.
We are looking for an engineer who has the ability and drive to make an impact, not only on their own but by also enabling those around them to succeed. You will be responsible for the creation and support of features across our web front end services. You’ll also be tasked with building scalable, reliable and high quality features with the goal of creating a smooth and delightful experience for restaurant staff and their guests.
If you want to help create something tangible that is used every day, help small businesses achieve their vision, and take on the challenge of scaling a SaaS product from millions of users to hundreds of millions of users, Toast is the place for you.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Be part of a team working collaboratively with UX, PM, QA and other engineers building web applications using modern web technologies
- Define best practices and help choose technologies to evolve our current front-end stack while writing world-class applications
- Championing best practices such as quality integration and unit testing
- Provide design feedback and participate in code reviews to ensure implementations meet requirements
- Mentoring other team members
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Proficient in modern web standards and technologies (e.g. HTML5, React, GraphQL, Tailwind, single-spa), and can apply them to build fully responsive web pages
- Enjoys building well-engineered, usable and accessible systems
- Experience working in a team with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience building or working with a Design System
- Working knowledge of a variety of different technologies used in our UI.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- Pension plan
- Health insurance family plan
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter benefits, bike to work
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.