Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Strategic Finance team is responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. We’re seeking a Sr Associate of Strategic Finance to partner with our Guest leadership team to drive initiatives including business planning, corporate strategy, and strategic projects. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value in a hyper-growth environment at scale.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Be a thought partner to the Guest organization and drive strategic decision making in a fast paced constantly changing environment
- Influence decisions by understanding the big picture combined with providing underlying deep financial analysis
- Define and build financial forecasts, dashboards and metrics that track business performance
- Analyze variances between actuals, forecast, and plan – use insights to iterate on forecasts and build/discuss potential action plans with cross-functional customers
- Assist in any ad-hoc analyses and deep dives into strategic issues to improve the collective understanding of risks and opportunities related to the business
- Build sophisticated financial models and synthesize outputs into concise presentations to drive executive decision making processes
- Continuously look at opportunities to optimize processes and models used, to provide more timely and relevant insights across our margin landscape
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of strategic finance, operational finance, FP&A, or investment banking experience at a high-growth tech company
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills. Ability to build robust financial models used by teams throughout the company to size opportunities and build business cases for pursuing new initiatives
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, high attention to details, collaborative and comfort in working in a matrix organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth and evolving environment
- Effective project management skills; highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Proficient in SQL
- Working knowledge of Adaptive
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.