Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Senior Accounting Manager will primarily be responsible for driving the month-end process, reconciliation review, and enhancement of financial statement preparation and internal review process. This position is also accountable for the ongoing oversight of process improvement margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The ideal candidate should have substantive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, processes, and procedures and will be involved in laying the foundation of a scalable accounting function.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Responsible for driving the month-end close process, which includes balance sheet reconciliations, ad-hoc analyses, trial balance reviews, and financial statement preparation, while adhering to tight deadlines
- Responsible for reviewing general ledger activity across all lines of business
- Improve account reconciliation process, drive deadlines, enhance deliverables as they pertain to the month-end close and financial statement preparation process
- Liaise with outside firms for audit and tax matters
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures, as well as identify new policies and areas of improvement
- Assist FP&A team with budget and forecasting processes
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 10+ years of experience with a degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Strong track record of building and managing successful teams, and an ability to manage and motivate team members in a changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with various levels of management and to influence others without formal authority
- Maintain a high level of integrity, confidentiality and professional skepticism
- Experience and skilled at working in a collaborative and fast moving environment
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Prior audit experience or experience working with external auditors highly desirable
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.