Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. The Revenue Manager is able to leverage their technical expertise to quickly identify accounting implications and impacts to customers while collaborating with team members cross-functionally to develop operational processes that help us scale.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Support all non-standard contract reviews and ensure recognition is in accordance with company policy and accounting standards ASC 606 for data integration and reporting with RevPro.
- Review and oversee close related items that include but not limited to; revenue journal entries, monthly deferred revenue reconciliations, and schedules for management reporting.
- Evaluate revenue policies to ensure they align with the business and are compliant with our controls and RevPro reporting requirements.
- Serve as the main point of contact for Billing Operations, F&S, SEC, and many other teams within our Finance organization as relates to close and reporting.
- Document current and ongoing revenue accounting processes, policies, procedures, and technological developments; understand data flow and system architecture
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Strong technical revenue accounting knowledge of US GAAP and specifically ASC 606 at a high–growth technology company
- Highly adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an emphasis on quality
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize competing projects and adhere to deadlines
- Proven record of mentoring and developing talent
- Experience working cross functionally with Finance, Legal and Sales to identify accounting issues proactively and research applicable US GAAP implications as necessary
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- MBA and/or CPA
- Preferred experience with Salesforce CPQ, NetSuite and Zuora-RevPro
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.