Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We’re looking for a Manager of Communications and PR to join our growing team. You will be responsible for managing and executing PR strategy for Toast’s industry thought leadership, customer success stories and partner ecosystem.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Manage and execute a PR strategy that increases awareness and demand for Toast’s innovative portfolio of products.
- Build an industry thought leadership PR program for Toast’s quarterly Restaurant Trends Report as well as develop compelling commentary on timely industry topics and trends in the form of contributed bylines and media pitches.
- Build and manage a customer PR program that showcases Toast customer success stories.
- Build and manage a partner PR program to highlight the value of the Toast ecosystem and manage partner PR submissions from our 180+ technology integration and reseller partners.
- Develop cross-functional partnerships with the extended team across Marketing, Product, Legal, Ecosystem and other key partners.
- Develop a range of communication materials including messaging, press releases and media statements in partnership with stakeholders internally and externally.
- Regularly engage with the restaurant industry and tech media and other external stakeholders.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience at a tech PR agency or on an in-house comms team.
- Passion for telling technology innovation stories and launching new products.
- Experience managing industry thought leadership programs.
- Strong executive presence and voice.
- Strong written and verbal communication, a storyteller at heart.
- Ability to think creatively and innovate in the new media landscape across owned and earned.
- Demonstrated ability to drive alignment and collaboration across cross functional teams at all levels of the organization.
- Knack for staying organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfort with basic data analysis and reporting out on PR metrics.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.