Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Our mission is to create raving fans and successful restaurants, and the Manager of Technical Account Managers is critical to fulfilling that mission with our customers. This role is a passionate, customer-focused, cross-functionally minded leader with technical expertise in Toast Products who will manage a team of 6-8 Technical Account Managers (TAM), providing strategic, consultative expertise with a focus on revenue retention and operational efficiency.
Technical Account Managers (TAMs) are passionate, process-focused professionals with technical expertise in the entire suite of Toast products. They are the “Trusted Voice” of Toast’s most up-to-date products, standard operating procedures, and best practices. The TAM’s responsible for engaging and consulting with customers in partnership with Restaurant Success Managers (RSMs). As subject matter experts in Toast products, TAMs facilitate the resolution of technical issues (note: Customer Care Tier 3 will be responsible for Level 1 tech issues), documenting root cause analysis to enact changes to address issues in the long-term and to drive proactive consultation with customers to support growth and expansion of our managed customers.
The role of Manager will require creativity, operational rigor, and a drive for team performance.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Manage a team of 6-8 TAMs in the RMM/MM/ENT space in collaboration with RSM management to coordinate account coverage between RSMs and TAMs for our most complex customers.
- Achieve and exceed operational excellence goals, specifically time to first touch and time to resolution in order to support Restaurant Success’s objectives around adoption, expansion, and retention- SLAs-100% of tickets resolved within 5 days, and 80% TTFT within 24 hours.
- Coach team on how to establish and maintain themselves as the trusted POS technical partner to their customers and peers in Restaurant Success by listening, empathizing with their issues, following through to solutions, setting proper expectations.
- Guide team on best practices for acting as solution engineers to provide advanced technical consulting to customers, understand customer needs, and develop documentation to inform product teams for future enhancement requests.
- Guide RMM/MM/ENT TAM team on priority setting between reactive and proactive motions, ensuring the team strives to reach customer goals around upsells, activation, and expansion.
- Partner with RSM management to ensure we are ensuring a high level of service delivery by delivering SBRs to 80% of our RMM/MM/ENT book of business.
- Align and collaborate with cross-functional managers in and outside of Restaurant Success, extending to onboarding, Customer Care, Engineering, Product, and Hardware teams to refine existing CS best practices and processes.
- Build relationships with customers in RMM/MM/ENT space, and manage escalations while driving adoption, activation, and expansion.
- Collaborate with cross-functional technical managers to come up with innovative ways to work smarter, scale the team around process and systems, and align on enablement across teams.
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis techniques, locating trends & blockers in the live customer journey and plays an active role in tech-based initiatives to address them.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 8+ years in Customer Success, account management, or technical consultant role
- 2+ years experience successfully leading & managing teams
- Strong technical acumen, analytical abilities, and understanding of the F&B / POS industry
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Love for developing people in a high growth environment
- Ability to problem solve / troubleshoot in a timely manner
- Adaptability, strong work ethic and professionalism during challenging situations
- Data-driven, ability to analyze data, uncover insights and communicate them clearly
- Strong experience of MS Office, G-Suite, Slack, Salesforce, Jira
- Advanced understanding of networking concepts, Toast hardware
- High level of Technical knowledge with Toast’s 3rd party integration partners
- Experience providing technology or SaaS solutions to a client base a strong plus
- Ability to quickly gain advanced product knowledge of all modules related to multi-unit customers
- Ability to quickly become proficient in complete products, technology areas and methodologies
- Travel: 5-10% travel to customer sites
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.