Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is looking for a highly-motivated technical accounting and SEC reporting professional to join its dynamic team. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a collaborative team for candidates who are looking to enhance their technical accounting skills and transition out of public accounting. The individual in this role will take on interesting and challenging responsibilities, including managing all aspects of SEC reporting, providing guidance on complex technical accounting, supporting implementation of new accounting standards and other areas of technical accounting, as well as assisting with implementation of internal controls needed in a high growth technology company to ensure SOX compliance. This role will be highly collaborative with other functions, including corporate accounting, finance and strategy, investor relations and legal. A successful candidate will possess a strong set of research, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills; have the ability to coordinate /effectively manage projects to deliver strong results, thrive in an environment of rapid change; be proactive and deadline-focused; work effectively within cross-functional teams; and have a passion for operational excellence. The candidate will report to the Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- In conjunction with the SEC reporting team, prepare of the Company’s SEC filings and external audit process.
- Monitor major corporate events (e.g. M&A) to assess their accounting and SEC reporting impact.
- Partner with corporate accounting, F&S and other teams to identify, assess, and conclude on complex accounting matters and provide guidance related to new accounting standards upon their adoption.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting regulations while being a part of a dynamic and collaborative team and having opportunities to enhance technical accounting skills.
- Research various US GAAP guidance and applicable SEC reporting regulations related to major corporate events and document in technical memoranda.
- Train the team on the new accounting standards, including ASC 842, ASC 326.
- Proactively monitor changes to accounting environment, research and assess the impact of new accounting guidance on the Company’s financial statements.
- Assist with implementation of internal controls needed in a high growth technology company to ensure SOX compliance.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and collaborate with cross-functional teams on process improvement initiatives.
- Mentor and develop staff of the SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting team.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification required
- 6+ years of progressive financial accounting experience in public accounting firm and/or accounting department of a publicly traded company with technical accounting research and SEC reporting responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations and ability to assess, analyze and document accounting positions
- Fintech / technology industry experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Spread of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.