Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is continuously growing and changing! Our HR Systems team supports and enhances the employee journey by evolving our processes and systems as we scale. We’re constantly looking to maximize our usage of Workday but we also integrate with best-in-class tools. This role will support Toast’s use of Workday, as Toast sets up international offices.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Manage requirements definition, configuration and expansion initiatives for Toast’s Workday HCM module. Collaborate cross-functionally to monitor HCM operations and identify opportunities for enhancements or needed changes. Coordinate internal groups and external resources on all aspects of HCM development including requirement definition, testing, integration planning and support. Work with the rest of the HR Systems team to ensure updates to existing usage in light of new processes.
- Lead the full implementation life-cycle for Workday HCM for new country rollouts. Coordinate internal groups and external consultants on requirements, testing, go-live and post-go live support. Work with the rest of the HR Systems team to ensure updates to existing usage in light of the new country processes.
- Develop job aids and trainings for diverse audiences (employees, managers, super users) for go-live; participate in change management activities to drive Workday adoption
- Participate in the development of a Toast new country playbook as the Workday subject matter expert
- Collaborate on a strategy to preserve historical records and sunset legacy systems
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5-7 years of HR systems experience working, including demonstrated partnership with all HR/People functions, and solid understanding of their processes and data. Associate's Degree or equivalent experience in a related field preferred.
- 2+ years of Workday global implementation experience, with at least 1 full life cycle Workday implementation
- Demonstrated experience with all phases of the technology life cycle, as well as change management activities for adoption
- Enthusiasm for learning new technology, and a love of process improvement and data integrity; excitement for exploring Workday’s new features and using them to improve employee experience and efficiency; positive attitude, can-do mindset, and a desire to constantly improve and iterate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (advanced knowledge of Excel preferred) and Google Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong customer service skills, attention to detail, and outstanding organizational skills
- Collaborative problem-solving approach; leverages relationships and strong business acumen to understand not only the “what” the “why” behind requests; displays global mindset and cultural empathy for partner teams
- Experience presenting data and ideas to varying audiences (technical/non-technical; entry level through executive)
- Ability to multitask under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment; flexible and able to respond to rapidly changing business needs
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.