- Full Time
Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy. Running a restaurant is tough. It takes guts and determination to be in this business. It takes a love of the rush, a commitment to the any-time shift, and a knack for making magic from the chaos. Toast was built to make a restaurant work a little easier. The Toast platform helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
- 4,500+ employees in 5 countries (US, Canada, UK, Ireland, and India)
- 79,000+ restaurants live
- Experiencing rapid growth at scale
- $110b Global addressable TAM
As a District Manager you will be a founding leader of our Canada sales organization. Reporting to our RVP of Canada, you will partner together to build and enable our sales team in acquiring and setting our early customers up for success. You will also be an excellent partner cross functionally with product, operations, customer care, customer success, marketing, enablement and other functions to help us learn and continue growing in Canada. As a District Sales Manager, you will be hiring, building and coaching a team of Outside Territory Account Executives.
You’ll be a player/coach working closely with your sales team to help them understand a restaurant’s unique needs and develop a customized solution that helps their business thrive. We need your passion and sales management expertise to help us build the Toast brand in your district.
This is a 100% remote opportunity with local travel and field work. Candidates must live local to the Greater Toronto area, including Hamilton and Kitchener or be willing to relocate.
- Hire, manage and develop a quota-achieving sales team
- Partner with teams across the business to ensure that expectations set during the sales process are met in delivery
- Strategically utilize Salesforce to drive productivity, report on forecast deal pipelines, and analyze conversion rates
- Be an excellent partner cross functionally with functions such as product, operations, customer care & success, marketing, enablement and other functions
- Build a team that becomes the voice of the customer and share valuable feedback
- Coach a team to run effective discovery meetings, live demos, and craft a bespoke solution to restaurateurs using Toast’s varied tech offerings
- Innovate and execute on a go to market strategy, ultimately developing demand within the Toronto marketplace
- Manage partnerships with other tech providers to generate referral demand
- Leverage Salesforce to track, audit, and influence the business
- Partner with our Onboarding and Care team leaders to deliver a world class customer experience
- Leverage knowledge of Toast’s product and business to replicate success internationally
- Help build the foundations for our internal processes in international markets
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3+ years of sales experience with complex software and/or hardware solutions, professional services and/or prior experience in the POS industry
- Demonstrated sales management experience building customer-facing, quota-achieving sales teams responsible for the full cycle of sales from prospecting/lead-generation to closing
- Self-motivated, creative, and flexible with the ability to perform well under pressure
- Knowledge of restaurant operations is a plus
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Flexible paid time off
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional development programs
- Commitment to employee wellbeing through resources such as a quarterly wellness stipend and mental health benefits
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- Extended medical, dental, & vision cover
- Paid parental leave
- Subsidized backup childcare
- Retirement savings (RRSP) matching – Coming soon!
*We love a great bread/food pun
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.