Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Bready* to make a change:
As the Technical Product Leader for the Platform Infrastructure organization, you will partner with dedicated engineering teams to deliver amazing experiences for restaurants of all sizes on a global scale. You’ll work with the teams responsible for one of the most critical components of Toast’s infrastructure, ensuring restaurant operators of all sizes have clarity, flexibility and the tools they need to deliver great guest experiences. As that leader, you will deliver strategic initiatives and features through both a technical and user-facing roadmap and be comfortable working with both consumers and providing advanced tools for Toast’s most demanding customers.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Manage, mentor and hire a team of product managers focused on strengthening and expanding our platform systems and infrastructure
- Manage the portfolio of investment across Platform Infrastructure ensuring Toast and our customers get the maximum adoption and return on that investment
- Collaborate with senior technical staff in designing solutions and ensuring timely delivery that serve all of Toast’s business units
- Dive in and partner with the Toast’s product organization to craft a technical roadmap and user experience strategy that meet the needs of Toast’s growing customer base
- Create & present business cases and business models for new investments, and measure/quantify success of launches
- Analyze and track key performance indicators of existing and new features to evaluate usefulness, adoption and customer impact
- Work with Product Leadership and product teams to define and integrate best practices and processes related to OKRs (objectives & key results), customer feature requests and internal tools
- Work directly with internal teams to iterate on product requirements & design feedback
- Lead by example, at times, working alongside the team in defining requirements, workflows, interaction, user journeys, process/screen flows, and wireframes
- Evangelizing feature investments and roadmap internally and externally in informal and formal settings, with an emphasis on how the team’s supports and drives impact throughout the organization
Do you have the right ingredients* (Requirements)?
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in product management
- Passion for solving complex systems and platform-driven technical problems
- Track record of success (and enjoyment) in building and leading high performing teams while mentoring and growing individual contributors
- Deep understanding of agile product methodologies and best practices
- Understanding of B2B and B2C dynamics, including experience building B2B apps at scale
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process improvement efforts
- Knowledge of modern cloud-based infrastructure best practices, including APIs/microservice platforms, databases and enterprise software
- Understanding of the challenges facing modern infrastructure design and a willingness to work with technical leaders to design cutting-edge solutions to raise the bar on performance, latency, and reliability
- Technical expertise to understand and ask questions regarding technical architecture and solutions to ensure that outcomes are successful
Special Sauce: (non-essential skills, nice to have)
- Knowledge of the restaurant and hospitality industry
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.