Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Director of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting will be primarily responsible for technical accounting research, accounting policies, and SEC reporting. The director will leverage internal and external resources to assess complex accounting matters and conclude in collaboration with internal stakeholders, and alignment with external auditors. The role will provide guidance to the rest of the team to help embed US GAAP knowledge and accounting policies needed in a high growth technology company. This position will be responsible for running processes to facilitate timely and high-quality public company reporting. The candidate will report to the VP, Controller.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Responsible for quarterly and annual SEC reporting, ensuring flawless and timely execution through strong project management
- Partnering within the accounting function, as well as with Finance, Investor Relations and Legal to continuously improve and update our filings for a changing business and regulations
- Provide research and documented conclusions on complex accounting matters including revenue recognition, credit loses, share-based compensation, financial instruments, and leases
- Implement new accounting pronouncements and reporting requirements in a timely manner
- Enhance the control environment in collaboration with the rest of the accounting team
- Assist in implementing scalable solutions including processes and systems
- Play a significant role in managing the audit process and building relationships with external auditors
- Lead and develop a world class team
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Degree in Accounting or Finance and a CPA with 12+ years of relevant experience
- Public accounting experience, ideally with technology company clients in FinTech or SaaS based revenue
- Experience in external reporting at a public company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships, and be an effective cross functional collaborator in a high growth environment
- Proven ability to do technical accounting research, with a skillset that shows ability to implement changes in accounting policy at a company-wide-level
- Effective manager who is focused in building and developing a world class team
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.