Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
At Toast, we go above and beyond to understand and meet the diverse needs of our employees and our benefits programs are a powerful part of our employee value proposition. Leading the benefits team and working in partnership with the People Team and leadership, the Director, Global Benefits Programs plays a key role in shaping our total rewards offering.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Develop and manage Toast’s global benefits program strategy, taking into consideration Toast’s culture, workforce needs and market-competitive norms for the locations where Toast employs people.
- Ensure Toast stays abreast of innovative and creative benefits program developments. Develop recommendations for the evolution of Toast’s benefits plans to meet the unique needs of Toasters around the world.
- Provide leadership to the benefits team. Set priorities, provide guidance and feedback on progress and foster team career growth. Work with team members to deliver on the benefits program responsibilities described below.
- Evaluate competitive market positioning of Toast’s benefit programs and emerging trends. Make recommendations to ensure Toast’s benefits plans are attractive and support Toast’s culture and the needs of our diverse employee base.
- Ensure employees understand our benefit programs and how those programs contribute to Toast’s employee value proposition. Work cross-functionally to ensure employees have access to information about their benefits.
- Identify and manage working relationships with benefit plan providers, vendors, auditors and consultants, ensuring quality delivery.
- Oversee the management of Toast’s 401(k) plan including plan design, recordkeeping and compliance. This role is a member of Toast’s Retirement Plan Committee and provides oversight to the management of Committee meetings including the agenda, meeting materials and follow-through on Committee approvals. Manage the working relationship with the external retirement plan advisor to the Committee.
- Manage Toast’s time-off guidelines and policies including PTO, FMLA, family leave and holiday policies. Work cross-functionally to ensure policies are documented, communicated and administered correctly.
- Manage benefit plan arrangements for Toast employees outside the US. Collaborate with local People team leadership to determine aspects of benefits administration that should be managed locally. Establish benefit consulting relationships, as needed. Provide oversight on benefit plan selection and administration.
- Collaborate with the HR Systems and Payroll teams on benefit plan changes that require changes to our Workday benefits application and payroll deductions.
- Ensure all audit and regulatory processes for benefit plans are managed effectively and that our plans are compliant with relevant laws and regulations. Ensure all benefit program documentation and notices are updated and distributed.
- Provide benefits program expertise and leadership for acquisition diligence and integration.
- Participate in other cross-functional projects and initiatives, as needed.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- At least seven years experience leading a benefits function, preferably in a global, high-growth company.
- Experience developing benefits programs and effective processes that support organization culture, values and business strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment that is dynamic and subject to rapid change.
- Experience managing external service providers including consulting relationships, benefit plan providers and administrative service contracts.
- Strong project management and prioritization skills that enable effective management of multiple projects and competing deadlines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build strong business partnerships and work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders at all levels, including senior management.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in a related field a plus.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.