Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
In this role, you will lead the customer marketing strategy for the Supplier & Accounting (S&A) line of business. You will be responsible for the full customer journey: driving upsell of S&A products, as well as ensuring that Toast restaurant customers have a seamless onboarding/activation experience so they can adopt and become advocates for the Toast platform.
xtraCHEF by Toast is the flagship product within the Supplier & Accounting line of business. xtraCHEF by Toast is a suite of automated financial and operational management tools that help restaurants control food costs and maximize margins. This is an emerging segment within the Toast platform, stemming from Toast’s acquisition of xtraCHEF in July 2021.
The ideal candidate has an “ownership mindset” with the ability to think holistically about the customer experience from awareness through activation. Candidates should have a proven track record of launching new products, running end-to-end marketing campaigns, and operating under a test-and-learn framework to drive learnings early and often.
If you’re a creative and analytical team player with a “get stuff done” attitude, read on!
About this roll*:
As an individual contributor, you will be responsible for a customer’s full lifecycle with xtraCHEF by Toast:
- Developing the go-to-customer marketing plan for xtraCHEF by Toast, including testing segments, channel mix and messaging
- Executing end-to-end marketing campaigns including copywriting, marketing operations, internal enablement, and postmortem analysis
- Collaborating with Product Marketing, Customer Marketing, and Sales teams to execute campaigns that drive conversions from the existing Toast POS customer base
- Partnering with Sales Enablement and Marketing Operations to fully integrate and enable our sales and marketing teams to sell xtraCHEF by Toast
Customer Activation and Adoption
- Developing the onboarding and activation marketing plan for xtraCHEF by Toast, working closely with the Onboarding team to identify areas where marketing support would help customers optimize the value that they are getting out of our products
- Helping to integrate xtraCHEF by Toast into Toast’s focused adoption strategy, helping our customers to understand the return on their business and to gain proficiency on the platform
- Driving customer awareness of educational materials and answers to key questions
Do you have the right ingredients*:
- Proven experience in a fast-paced, diverse environment that can span product marketing, customer marketing, B2B marketing, product management, or strategy consulting.
- Can autonomously lead highly cross functional projects & embraces ambiguity – while eager to ‘stretch’ & grow skillset beyond core role & responsibilities
- Skilled in Marketo, HubSpot or other email marketing tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to synthesize complex concepts into a clear and cohesive story for internal and external audiences
- Ability to navigate complex scenarios and to develop an incremental “crawl, walk, run” approach to addressing challenges
- Previous experience with customer lifecycle marketing preferred
- Previous customer enablement and/or education experience is a plus
- Familiarity with marketing operations and technical tools (Salesforce, Google Analytics)
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.