Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
We are looking for an Assistant Manager, Billing Operations to play an integral part in scaling Toast’s rapidly growing business. This person will be the go-to leader for the daily billing operations team. You will join a growing Billing Operations team that partners closely with Accounting and other stakeholders to manage key billing functions such as daily invoicing, crediting customers, and month end AR close. This person will work on key drivers for our financials, ensuring high standards of a publicly owned company.
This role will provide a strong opportunity to demonstrate leadership skills in building and motivating a high performing team, and managing with metrics. You will be required to support various levels of the team problem solve, as well as act as an escalation point. The success of this role and team directly impacts Toast’s financials, and is a fantastic opportunity to make an impact. For the right candidate, this is a career-defining opportunity.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Manage a team of Senior Billing Operations Representatives and Billing Operations Representatives, ensuring work is done on a timely basis
- Oversee the Accounts Receivables portion of monthly Accounting close
- Serve as a primary escalation point while working cross-functionally with Sales, Accounting, Services, Reseller community, Restaurant Success etc. to resolve issues
- Test new systematic changes as part of billing resign projects
- Guide new Toast initiatives such as our international business to ensure proper billing
- Step in and assist representatives with various tasks when needed
Do you have the right ingredients*?
We are seeking a highly organized, tech-savvy, intellectually curious candidate with excellent communication skills and the ability to learn quickly.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, including experience managing a team
- Ability to work with key stakeholders throughout various levels of management and to influence others
- Confidence prioritizing and making time-sensitive decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with extreme attention to detail
- Strong time management and sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Experience managing an effective team
- SalesForce/Netsuite experience is preferred
- Accounting experience a plus
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.