Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to operationalize and implement new systems and processes.
- Manage chart of accounts and establish governance with segment and entity creation.
- Oversee multiple work streams including month-end close, implementation of new accounting systems or tools, and management/business unit reporting.
- Strategize with Accounting Leadership on project prioritization and roadmap.
- Coordinate with Accounting SMEs on SOX efforts and internal control execution.
- Lead financial systems optimization by designing workflow, creating business development requirements, and developing testing strategies in partnership with Business Systems, technical and accounting SMEs.
- Develop the communication strategy to keep participants informed about the status of the team’s initiatives.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 6+ years experience in accounting experience or equivalent at a high-growth, fast-paced technology company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of NetSuite and system capabilities with various accounting work-streams, such as reporting, allocations, and general ledger.
- Knowledge of key accounting concepts, GAAP, and SOX
- Strong understanding of end to end accounting processes, specifically around month-end close.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Critical thinker and analytically minded that will assess all potential solutions and risks associated with accounting challenges
- Experience developing scalable and SOX compliant processes.
- Self-motivated and works well independently
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Big 4 consulting and/or project management experience
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.