Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for collectively driving the month-end process, reconciliation review, and enhancement of financial statement preparation and internal review process. This position is also accountable for the ongoing oversight of process improvement margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The ideal candidate should have substantive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, processes, and procedures and will be involved in laying the foundation of a scalable accounting function.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Oversee monthly and quarterly accounting process for stock-based compensation, commissions accounting and capitalized contracts costs, payroll, bonus, benefits accruals, pre-paids and intangibles.
- Maintain responsibility for all operational accounting aspects of Toast’s equity plan, with a focus on compliance, reconciliation, accuracy and timeliness.
- Collaborate with Accounting Leadership, SEC Reporting team, HR and Legal functions to develop and maintain best in class processes surrounding stock compensation as the company continues to scale.
- Responsible for driving certain aspects of the month-end close process, which includes journal entry review, balance sheet reconciliations, ad-hoc analyses, trial balance reviews, and financial statement preparation, while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Maintain and enhance accounting policies and SOX compliance, as well as identify new policies and areas of improvement.
- Assist FP&A team with budgeting, forecasting, budget to actual reporting processes
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Take on additional accounting responsibilities and ad-hoc projects as the role advances and the company scales.
- Manage, coach, and develop a growing team.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Degree in Accounting or Finance and 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Public accounting experience in a large firm preferred
- Strong track record of building and managing successful teams, and an ability to manage and motivate team members in a changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with various levels of management and to influence others without formal authority.
- Maintain a high level of integrity, confidentiality and professional skepticism.
- Experience and skilled at working in a collaborative and fast-moving environment
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Flexible Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.