The Enterprise Services Project Manager’s role is to ensure our customers derive maximum value and utilization from the Tanium technology and services purchased such that they renew, expand and become advocates for Tanium in the marketplace. The Project Manager will champion Tanium within the customer’s organization and champion the customer’s needs within Tanium.
As a Project Manager, your primary goal is to ensure our customers get the maximum value and utilization from our technology and services such that they renew, expand and become advocates for us in the marketplace. To achieve this goal, you will complement the Sales and TAM teams on accounts in two ways. First, you’ll identify and solve short-term barriers to successful implementation/utilization of Tanium while communicating successes to ensure continued client progression and excitement. Second, you’ll create and deliver a proactive and long-term vision of the customer’s journey with a focus on value and retention.
What you’ll do:
- Own the Customer Engagement Plan from which the Account Team will collaborate.
- Manage portions of the plan and ensure other groups effectively contribute.
- Build and maintain project plans to meet the customers goals, objectives, and timelines.
- Support TAM and Sales teams.
- Contribute to a collaborative customer roadmap for the months and years ahead
- Own an evolving set of clearly articulated and documented use cases centered around business challenges and desired value propositions, including any defined ROI, efficiencies and business changes.
- Clearly articulate the proven value proposition/ROI model at relevant stages of the customer journey.
- Drive maximum integration of Tanium into business processes and controls in order to achieve the value proposition and efficiency goals. In achieving this, Project Managers are expected to understand and support technical integration of Tanium into our customer’s tool chains, business processes, and operational workflows.
- Assist with strategically-focused Executive Business Reviews, alongside the TAM, Sales and Executive teams.
- Track and report the health of assigned accounts and, where appropriate, implement formal improvement plans.
- Assist on other account level activities such as stakeholder mapping, maturity modeling, enhancement tracking, renewal and expansion tracking, and reporting.
- Where appropriate, ensure our customers are actively engaged with the wider Tanium business, be it Marketing, Product Management or our Executives.
- Assist with practice development opportunities to mature both the CSM, Sales, and TAM functions.
- Contribute to documentation efforts, both internally and externally.
- Maintain a broad understanding of the Tanium solution and its capabilities.
- Provide purpose, motivation, and direction to fellow members of the Customer Account Team.
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required or equivalent years experience
- 5+ years of experience in technical project management
- Relevant Project Management certifications are a plus
- Track record of project management for multi-million dollars and long implementations
- Network/Cyber operations, Service Management, Professional Services, Customer Success, or Consulting backgrounds preferred
- Technically astute. Able to understand large enterprise IT concepts and familiar with general networking, network architectures, and database concepts
- Consultative mindset combined with project-based execution
- Willingness to always go above and beyond for the customer
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
At Tanium, the health and safety of our employees and the community are our top priority. In our effort to control the spread of Covid-19, Tanium requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as of their start date, to the extent allowed by applicable law. If you are unable to get the Covid-19 vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief, Tanium will engage in the interactive process and consider requests for an accommodation.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.