Are you interested in joining the fastest-growing team at Tanium, a company that was recently named #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials?
Our technology is the central IT nervous system for some of the largest financial, retail, and technology companies in the world. At Tanium, our Support TAM fulfills a necessary role in our organization to serve our customers by resolving technical issues and answering technical questions that customers have in a timely manner. With a primary focus on customer satisfaction, Support TAM’s work both reactively and proactively to improve the overall experience of our customers when using Tanium.
Come find out why 70% of the Fortune 100 rely on Tanium’s technology, and help us build something that will awe, inspire and attract the other 30%.
What you’ll do:
· Triaging, managing, and solving reported customer issues and cases.
· Assisting customers with Tanium platform/module upgrades.
· Working with other Support TAM’s to assist with their assigned cases.
· Shape, execute and deliver on special projects, with your peer Interns, that directly impact customers of the Support TAM’s.
· Ride along with Support TAM’s and as they take on real-world customer problems in security, operations, asset management, and risk management.
· Understand how our technology makes progress for our customers; you will acquire a deep understanding of how the product works and how to support, operate and integrate it.
· Documenting best practices
· Tracking activity, documenting root cause, and reporting
· Rigorously test the product in a home lab environment.
We’re looking for someone with a passion in the following areas:
· Problem solving; can break problems down into manageable, ordered piece parts and successfully convey the problem statement and plan to others
· Ability to master new concepts and technologies; continually striving to master the Tanium platform and modules.
· Good judgement: understand the importance of weighing cost and value in decision making and practice making good judgement calls with improved consistency over time.
· Independent; should be able to independently work on problems; should be able to complete tasks with limited assistance; participate in projects and follow technical support procedures only requiring help on more complex enterprise initiatives or issues.
· Attention to Detail – Tanium is riddled with “product people”, continually striving to improve each and every dimension of what we ship to customers.
· Customer-Obsessed – We love seeing our product come alive, inspiring and delighting our customers. In this role, you’ll help support new and existing Tanium customers.
Interns will contribute to triaging technical issues, engaging with customers, and conducting root cause analysis on live production implementations of Tanium. Support efforts will encompass security(Forensics, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Incident Response), operations (Compliance, Vulnerability Scanning, Patching, Integrity Monitoring), and general automation.
Previous Interns have come from backgrounds in:
Computer Science, Intelligence and Cyber Operations, Industrial Engineering…but if you don’t see your area of study on the list, don’t fret! We celebrate diversity and inclusion at Tanium, and that includes diversity of thought.
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, the health and safety of our employees and the community are our top priority. In our effort to control the spread of Covid-19, Tanium requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as of their start date, to the extent allowed by applicable law. If you are unable to get the Covid-19 vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief, Tanium will engage in the interactive process and consider requests for an accommodation.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.