Tanium is rapidly growing our Global Partner Marketing team to align to the organization’s rapid shift to Partner-led go-to-market motions. The Sr. Manager, Go-to-market strategy and programs role is responsible for creating, executing and optimizing a portfolio of integrated marketing programs, campaigns and digital experiences to grow our global partner Ecosystem. Ideal candidates will tap into their love of campaign strategy, modern storytelling, and sales enablement to accelerate the growth of our Partner Ecosystem.
In this role, we are looking for an experienced marketing professional who can help us develop the roadmap for go-to-market sales plays, package them for partner sellers and drive engagement that makes it easy for them to take our joint value proposition to market. From initial onboarding to ongoing engagement, this leader will lead the strategy, creation, and global approach to land a variety of sales and marketing playbooks. The Sr. Partner Marketing Manager, Go-to-market Strategy & Playbooks candidate will develop a scalable, programmatic approach to ensure both consistency in our program launches, Bill of Materials (BOM), and measurement frameworks. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Global Partner COE Marketing, he/she will work closely with regional Partner Marketers (EMEA, AMER, LATAM, APAC), Product Marketing, Partner Sales leadership, Sales Enablement, and global members of Tanium’s Demand Strategy Organization (DSO).
What you’ll do:
- Strategy: In partnership with leaders across the organization, this role will develop a strategic plan that aligns with our FY21 strategy.
- Playbook creation and storytelling: Develop and tune the operating model to support the creation, syndication and engagement with partner sales plays. In collaboration with other stakeholders, you will lead the effort to manage the lifecycle of corresponding sales and marketing assets.
- Partner Onboarding and Time to Value: In collaboration with Partner Sales, Partner Enablement and an array of global stakeholders, you’ll help drive and accelerate the best practices for how Tanium onboards partners, when/how to curate the relevant sales playbook for maximum impact and realized the fastest time to value.
- Sales Playbook / Marketing Playbook Creation: Serve as the program lead for creating, versioning, localization and syndication of discrete playbooks, engaging both external vendors and internal resources.
- Competitive Enablement and Battlecards: Partner with our Competitive Intelligence and Product Marketing teams to curate relevant competitive briefing and enablement content.
- Partner Feedback and Listening: Getting feedback from partners is key to optimizing the content for maximum impact. Partner with global stakeholders to get continuous feedback from partners on how to improve playbooks for maximum utilization.
- Evangelist and Internal Communications: Ensuring that both Internal and External audiences understand the value proposition is critical to our long-term success. In addition to packaging these sales plays for our external partners, this leader will partner with Sales Enablement to ensure Tanium sellers are aware of and proficient with the relevant programs in their territory leveraging a mixture of SharePoint resources, internal communications, and briefings.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelors degree in marketing, business or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience in B2B marketing, ideally in the SaaS, Cloud or IT sector.
- 2+ years hands-on experience in partner marketing, Sales Enablement or Product marketing role. Experience working for a company that sells thru or with partners is strongly preferred.
- Power user of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Storyteller, Copywriter and Communicator: Strong copy writing / copy editing skills, guiding tool creative layout, and web/portal page content. Skilled at translating technical and business concepts into clear, concise partner- and customer-facing assets. Experienced working both with agencies or internal designers.
- Growth Mindset: Is passionate about Tanium’s industry and the challenges our customers are trying to solve with our technology. Gathers and analyzes information or data on current and future trends or best practices. Asks questions to understand the “why” behind the message.
- Process Minded: Identifies, documents, and monitors key business processes necessary to achieve the desired outcomes. Maps and documents processes. Develops lifecycle frameworks to streamline process improvement and implementation.
- Execution Bias: Voluntarily takes the first steps to identify and address existing and potential obstacles, issues, and opportunities
- 10-20% Travel (post-COVID) and reasonable schedule flexibility to interact with global marketers is expected.