As a Senior Director of Product Management at Tanium, you will be responsible for the development and business success of Tanium products that are part of Tanium's security and IT operations portfolio.
This role provides the opportunity to lead the growth of a Product team by improving our processes, tools, and best practices. Day-to-day, you will be overseeing the work of our teams, and communicating with executive leadership across the business. As a leader in the organization, you will also help to cultivate a positive and collaborative working environment focused on continuous improvement, growth, and teamwork.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with business stakeholders across Tanium to identify, prioritize, design features, and promote them as part of Tanium’s portfolio.
- Work with internal teams regarding development of the product roadmap
- Work with clients and internal client-facing teams to commercialize existing products and services as well as develop new platform capabilities
- Translate business objectives into actionable execution plans and technical requirements
- Assess market research and trends and objectively compare Tanium’s product offerings to help build product value propositions
- Develop business requirements, documents, and communicate complex product initiatives to the Solutions and Engineering teams
- Liaise with clients and partners to communicate the Tanium value story
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA/BS degree from a leading undergraduate institution
- MBA Preferred
- People Leadership Preferred
- Enterprise Software experience
- Professional work experience in analytical (investment banking, consulting, data science), strategic (product management, business operations, strategy), or engineering (software engineer) roles
- Demonstrable ability with analytical tools like Excel, SQL, R, and Python
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience with IT operations and systems management products
- Experience supporting IT operations and systems management products from a consulting or vendor point of view
- Demonstrated success in working with engineering teams to plan, develop and launch successful software products
- Excellent communicator with an intuition for technology and software business strategy
- Intuition to identify greenfield (or neglected) markets that align with Tanium’s platform and present opportunities for rapid growth
- Willingness to take on firmly entrenched competitors with creative approaches to technology, and tenacious pursuit to build and grow a product’s customer base
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking Care of Our Team Members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.