Tanium is seeking an Operations Manager to support the Global Sales Development organization in the planning, design, execution, and measurement of its sales development operations strategy.
The right candidate must be able to think strategically to develop plans while also having the operational expertise to execute on them. This will require rolling up their sleeves to dive deep into analyses or models while keeping in mind both the big picture and practicality. This role requires comfort with ambiguity and the ability to build processes and initiatives from scratch. The person should be able to take a structured approach to solving complex problems and clearly and concisely communicate results or recommendations with supporting data. Finally, the candidate will need to have strong business partnership skills, demonstrated by the ability to communicate, and influence across all levels and functions of the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a strategic business partner to the Vice President of Global Sales Development
- Define and drive cadence of critical business forecasting
- Standardize analysis for and presentation of executive business reviews
- Facilitate accurate tracking and modeling of development pipeline and revenue
- Develop relationships and communicate effectively at all levels from VPs to reps and supporting teams
- Work with key business partners to implement sales compensation processes, systems, and tools
- Author policies and establish guardrails that govern quota and headcount processes
- Establish change management processes and drive weekly/monthly/quarterly cadence with Theater Operations and Finance to execute quota, comp plan, and headcount changes
- Document, improve, and automate E2E processes–including quota setting, sales crediting, and headcount tracking
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of experience in a Manager role within Sales Development, Sales Operations, Business Operations, Finance, or related fields
- Demonstrated understanding of SaaS go-to-market models, sales support roles, business metrics and growth best practices
- Experience working within or supporting a sales development organization in a SaaS or high-growth technology company
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com, including sales alignment, territory planning, reporting and analytics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to executives and large groups
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to influence varying org functions at varying levels of seniority throughout the org
- Ability to work effectively in an evolving environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches, and with multiple competing deadlines. Can adapt quickly to changes and possesses strong work ethic
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
At Tanium, the health and safety of our employees and the community are our top priority. In our effort to control the spread of Covid-19, Tanium requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as of their start date, to the extent allowed by applicable law. If you are unable to get the Covid-19 vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief, Tanium will engage in the interactive process and consider requests for an accommodation.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.