Tanium is looking for a world class strategic thinker to drive growth and performance in the Global Sales Operations organization as a Sales Operations Manager. This is a highly-visible role supporting accelerating growth and the right candidate must have the ability to influence at all levels across Sales, Marketing, Technical Account Management, Field Operations, Sales Development, Legal, Finance and other Operations teams.
This person must be a dedicated and disciplined analyst, and will draw upon excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to effectively manage the operational cadence. She/he must be able to roll-up their sleeves, and work directly with the models/data, be detail-oriented, analytical, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. This person will understand that speed matters and are able to independently prioritize deliverables and set expectations with internal stakeholders. They will maintain strategic alignment with sales leadership, providing value-add business insights and organizational support, enabling programs and processes that drive performance, efficiency, and growth. You will strive to become a trusted business advisor among your peers and sales leaders and will act as a subject matter expert for all functions essential to sales, including forecasting, planning, reporting, business insights, sales compensation design and administration, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, go to market strategy, and sales enablement technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Join a high-performing, geographically dispersed team to enable critical insight and operational excellence across regional sales organizations. Ensure the field teams have clarity of purpose and ownership.
- Manage sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Deliver timely, accurate, and actionable business insights, decision-support, strategic project / program management and play a key role in core sales operations and annual planning processes
- Develop relationships and communicate effectively at all layers of the organization from CxO to field teams.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Support the equitable assignment of sales quotas and ensure quotas are optimally allocated to all sales, channels and sales resources.
- Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Work closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assist sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other business insights essential to the sales organization. Recommend revisions to existing reports or assist in the development of new reporting tools. Familiarity with Salesforce.com, Microsoft Office, and data interpretation is critical.
- Monitor the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining SFDC hygiene.
- Work with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to provide assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Business Management, Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics) required; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role in Sales Operations, Strategy, Management Consulting, Finance, Business Development, or other related fields
- Advanced Proficiency in Excel required
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Office365
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be highly beneficial
- Proficiency Salesforce.com, Clari or similar tools
Tanium is the platform that the most demanding and complex organizations trust to gain visibility and control across all endpoints in on-premises, cloud and hybrid environments. Tanium addresses today’s increasing IT challenges with high fidelity endpoint data — giving IT operations, security and risk teams confidence to quickly manage, secure and protect their networks at scale. Nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces trust Tanium to help see and control every endpoint, everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for six consecutive years and ranks on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Large Workplaces in Technology 2021.” Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.