Tanium is seeking a high energy and ambitious sales development intern to support our prospecting efforts across North America. This position will work directly with the Sales Development and Market Development team members to support outreach efforts with prospective clients, including communications via phone, email, LinkedIn, and online presentations via Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams. The sales development intern will help create, identify, and track marketing leads, generate and monitor reporting, evaluate sales campaign effectiveness, track team member activity, and help with the general coordination of team building events, competitions, and volunteer activities. The sales intern should be well organized and be prepared to work in a fast paced and dynamic team environment.
What you’ll do:
- Learn Tanium’s products, services, and competitive landscape
- Learn different aspects of the prospecting sales motion
- Assist in prospecting efforts at the direction of the Account Development leadership team
- Assist SDRs and MDRs in various prospecting and account research activities
- Enter and update client/prospect information in the Customer Relationship Management system (Salesforce)
- Complete other projects to assist prospecting efforts as directed by the ADT leadership team
We’re looking for someone with:
- Undergraduate students majoring in Marketing, Sales, Business, Economics, Political Science, Communication, or a related field
- Positive, professional communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm with a desire to learn and be successful in a sales or marketing role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong, tenacious work ethic
- Ability to collaborate with others and work in a self-directed manner
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task in a cross functional team environment
- Available Full-Time for Summer 2022
- Sustained record demonstrating initiative and motivation
- Demonstrated dependability, team player, positive attitude and good attendance
- Person of high ethics, integrity, honesty and patience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Highly competitive, entrepreneurial and self-driven
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.