About the Role: Sales Content Owner
The mission of the Sales Content Owner is to create unique, clear, and quality content that will resonate with our audiences and ultimately drive pipeline across many different Tanium target markets. The role is responsible for working closely with key stakeholders to develop, deliver, test, and promote quality content for the sales organization. This is a critical role within the sales team as you work cross-functionally to build and optimize our external facing messaging to be consistent with our brand as you continually home in on what resonates with our target audience(s). Position will report to Head of Sales Development or Head of Enablement.
This role will be US based (remote) and will focus on driving product content for the Americas Sales team.
What you'll do:
Serve as the lead liaison for the creation and program delivery of sales content nationally.
- Conduct quarterly content audit(s) to properly optimize sales activity and categorize new, existing and updated content appropriately.
- Own A/B testing of subject lines, content, frequency of touches, types of touches, CTAs, etc to drive for optimum click-thru and response rates.
- Be the global SME and POC for Outreach and content
- Build sequences/content in Outreach (and other tools) for sales to send when outbounding on Leads driven from our Marketing and Partner initiatives
- Align key stakeholders on the objectives of any given set of content and ensure content development achieves those objectives.
- Drive engagement with subject matter experts to develop a consistent structure and quality output for sales content during the curriculum development process, including a governance process for updating content and resolving identified gaps.
- Orchestrate content release schedule with key stakeholders to promote relevant and timely sales collateral.
- Assess sales needs for new or updated content and drive deliverables
- Review of updated content aligned to the customer buying journey and value selling methodologies.
Coordinate content delivery communications and platforms to best serve the sales team.
- Take ownership of evaluating the current and latest sales enablement platforms and, working with the sales team, determine the most effective structure and cadence for the enablement programs across these platforms.
- Working with sales enablement and product marketing, manage multiple simultaneous communication streams to various cohorts / enablement programs while maintaining brand consistency for sales initiatives.
- Oversee the balance of quality with quantity of output to streamline the Sales experience.
Build a culture of learning & growth through establishing accountability models.
- Drive consumption | utilization of content, assist in implementing metrics to measure content impact, and continuously evaluate knowledge transfer and learning needs.
- Ad-hoc enablement projects to improve the enablement program.
What You’ll Need
- Degree: Bachelor’s degree or related work experience.
- Experience: 3+ years relevant work experience in owning and developing sales content, instructional design, content creation, or sales enablement. Experience in a sales capacity role strongly recommended.
- Tools: Experience with Outreach preferred. Familiarity with SFDC, Marketo, or any other prospecting tool if you haven’t used Outreach (i.e.: SalesLoft) a plus.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional and engaging interpersonal communication style that transverses the virtual world. Works well with colleagues in multiple locations.
- Project Management: Very organized and able to handle competing priorities to achieve quality results on time. Ability to work under tight deadlines while being flexible and responding to changing business and technical conditions.
- Problem Solving: Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to take multiple ideas, organize them, and offer suggestions to improve operations. Run proper A/B testing and analysis.
- Curiosity: A positive, “never stop learning” attitude is required to stay qualified to support the ever-evolving field of cybersecurity messaging.
- Team: Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
Tanium offers endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations, including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.