Tanium is looking for a Revenue Manager who will play a leading role within the Global Revenue Recognition team. In this role, you will partner cross-functionally with Deal Desk, Legal, and Sales during contract negotiations. The successful candidate will effectively advise, in real-time, the potential accounting impacts of various customer negotiations and new product introductions. Daily, you will be responsible for managing key tasks for the accounting close and audit cycles, documenting contract reviews, and helping to administer revenue operational processes. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Not only do you hold yourself to the highest level of integrity, but you are a self-starter and take ownership in your work product. This role would be ideal for someone with a background in audit and accounting, has a knack for technical accounting research & writing, and wants to grow their career in Revenue Recognition.
What you'll do:
- Review software contracts to ensure that revenue is recorded in accordance with the Company’s revenue recognition policy and ASC 606
- Partner cross-functionally with other business groups (Deal Desk, Legal, Sales Operations) on customer contract negotiations
- Prepare technical revenue memos and updates to the Company’s revenue recognition policy as needed
- Assist with managing the worldwide revenue close process which includes preparing or reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Support with preparing and delivering quarterly accounting close presentations to management
- Prepare financial statement disclosures related to revenue recognition
- Participate in the annual external audit and provide support for revenue inquiries
- Coach and train Revenue team members on technical revenue subjects
- Support the accounting and finance functions by leading or participating in special projects and workflow process improvements
- Review the Company’s Order-to-Cash and revenue recognition processes and recommend improvements to fine tune processes, document procedures, and enhance controls.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as needed
We're looking for someone with:
- Preferred Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent
- Preferred Experience
- 6+ years of combined experience in public accounting and in a revenue accounting role
- Deep understanding of US GAAP and ASC 606 (IFRS 15) accounting principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management and cross-functional teams
- Ability to interpret and translate complex accounting concepts to non-technical audiences
- Exceptional attention to detail with an appreciation for accuracy
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (Pivot tables, lookups, SUMIF, IF statements)
- Exposure to revenue application in a technology company environment (SaaS/Software) preferred
- Familiarity with NetSuite and Salesforce preferred
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.