Tanium is looking for an analytical and detail-oriented individual with experience planning and implementing B2B lead management processes to support lead management operations. The Marketing Operations Analyst will administer Tanium’s end-to-end lead lifecycle processes, including lead capture, data hygiene, enrichment, segmentation, scoring, and routing. This position will be a key contributor on the marketing operations team and will work cross functionally with related departments to ensure leads are moving through our systems as intended. Other responsibilities include managing components of our marketing technology platforms and tools.
What you’ll do:
- Act as the technical point of contact with between the marketing, sales development, and system teams for lead management operations
- Think strategically with an iterative improvement mindset while maintaining agility to handle lead management change requests
- Conduct regular lead flow diagnostics and patch issues within processes and systems
- Optimize lead routing to ensure efficient and accurate lead assignment and rep visibility
- Continuously analyze our existing workflows and develop plans for improvement
- Provide strategic guidance to business leaders and support data-based decision making
- Translate feature requests into technical specifications and influence design decisions
- Leverage marketing technology platforms to improve processes and productivity
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience required
- 2+ years of marketing operations experience with at least 1 year of lead management experience
- Salesforce proficiency
- Experience with Marketo, ZoomInfo, RingLead, Salesforce, Outreach, and Full Circle Insights is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with great attention to detail
- Understanding of SiriusDecisions’s Demand Waterfall and funnel metrics
- Apply critical thinking (a data and process decision approach)
- Thrive in an ambiguous, high pressure and/or fluid business environment
- Experience with methodically translating problems into solutions
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
At Tanium, the health and safety of our employees and the community are our top priority. In our effort to control the spread of Covid-19, Tanium requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as of their start date, to the extent allowed by applicable law. If you are unable to get the Covid-19 vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief, Tanium will engage in the interactive process and consider requests for an accommodation.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.