We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our rapidly growing company and team. This role will directly support Tanium’s teams in North Asia (Japan, South Korea) and South Asia (Australia, Singapore). The HR Manager will build partnerships with leaders at all levels to develop strong organizations that enable the company to thrive and employees to experience Tanium as the best place for them to grow themselves and their careers. This position will be joining a team that is highly collaborative, engaged and focused on delivering exceptional results for the business. A successful candidate for this role will need to move fast with confidence. You will work with leaders and employees to solve complex organizational challenges with people-related solutions. This includes contributing to the development and managing the execution of people programs such as talent planning, organizational design, new manager enablement, employee relations, coaching, employee engagement, change management, and diversity & inclusion.
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications
– Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Education, Talent Development, Organisational Development or similar field or equivalent through a combination of education and experience.
– 3-5 years of relevant experience working in Human Resources required; Employee Relations and/or HR Business Partnership experience preferred
– Solid knowledge of local labor laws with an ability to perform all duties with sensitivity to local culture and business practices
– Ability to contribute to and deliver scalable people programs that are consistent with the strategic needs of the business and continue to build an extraordinary employee experience ○ Ability to partner and help create a set of actionable and targeted change leadership management plans, including communication plans, stakeholder engagement, and targeted coaching
– Have a strong depth of experience in employee and leadership development, employee relations, HR operations, and compliance
– A mix of experience in fast-growing technology companies and more established organisations
– Strong documentation skills
– Demonstrate commitment to helping employees and managers be successful and achieving those results in alignment with company values
– Native level Japanese and business level English are required
– Exceptional coaching, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills
– Experience producing results with and for globally distributed business teams
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong documentation experience
– Authorised to work in Japan to perform the job
Essential Job Functions
● Makes decisions and takes necessary actions without supervision
● Must be able to generate written work product (such as generating accurate text on a computer)
● Job is primarily remote but may requires periodic travel a few days a months for meetings with local teams
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.