Tanium is looking for a SLED Field Marketing Manager. The person in this role will be tasked with building brand awareness, thought leadership recognition and creating demand with state and local government agencies and educational institutions across the US. You will partner closely with our SLED field and partner sales teams to deliver and accelerate pipeline to support their enablement needs in exceeding objectives and revenue goals within SLED.
This role is fully remote within the United States. 30-40% travel -as needed.
Minimum & Preferred Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree BA or BS in Marketing, PR, Journalism, Communication, English or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of relevant experience required
- 1-3 years of experience within public sector industry, preferably state and local government
- Proven capability with Salesforce.com and Marketo
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional environment
- Experience in enterprise cybersecurity, cloud/SaaS, or other UT environments a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Essential Job Functions
What you’ll do:
As the Field Marketing Manager you will work closely with SLED sales leaders to create and execute high-touch regional programs. The Field Marketing Manager will generate quality pipeline, and progress prospects through the sales cycles, while remaining focused on customer retention and expansion programs as well.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about supporting creative and untraditional events that garner new interest from our target audience, as well as community-oriented events for our existing customers in the market. Day-to-day responsibilities will include supporting and executing a variety of field marketing initiatives and iterating on current event programs based on results/outcomes.
- Plan and execute national and regional SLED marketing programs at all stages of the funnel, industry trade shows and events, local seminars and events, Tanium hosted events, and related email campaigns.
- Manage all aspects of event coordination including strategy, event messaging, signage, giveaways, contract negotiation, vendor relations, site selection, registration, agenda scheduling, staffing, on-site production, and F&B, & logistics.
- Research industry event opportunities and evaluate sponsorship based on Tanium’s objectives and target audience.
- Leverage vertical and product messaging and content, and tailor as appropriate. You must be able to create event specific content and understand the key initiatives and value proposition/messages that will resonate with our target buyer
- Build a community of customers to help evangelize the value of Tanium, including customer events and advisory boards.
- Provide closed-loop reporting to measure the effectiveness of field marketing programs and identify areas for optimization. Conduct post-event/campaign evaluations and ROI analysis; report and share results and recommendations with sales and marketing teams.
- Enablement of the MDR/SDR team on pre- and post-event campaigns
- Collaborate closely with the other field marketing managers on best practices to leverage across regions
- Build marketing event and program calendar to increase awareness, drive engagement, generate leads, and support conversion rates.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional and engaging interpersonal communication style that transverses the virtual world.
- Project Management: Very organized and able to handle competing priorities to achieve quality results on time. Ability to work under tight deadlines while being flexible and responding to changing business and technical conditions.
- Problem Solving/Analytical: A creative problem solver with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Curiosity:A positive, “never stop learning” attitude is required to stay qualified to support the ever-evolving field of cybersecurity messaging.
- Team: Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Empathy: A passion for serving a public sector audience and customer. Help to connect often-under resourced government agencies with tools and services that will help them do more with less, and in this case, be more secure.
- Demonstrates initiative and motivation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Person of high ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, the health and safety of our employees and the community are our top priority. In our effort to control the spread of Covid-19, Tanium requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as of their start date. If you are unable to get the Covid-19 vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief, Tanium will engage in the interactive process and consider requests for an accommodation.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.