We are changing the world! Want to help the largest organizations on the planet achieve unprecedented visibility and control over the most complex environments in the world?
Do you have an uncanny ability to understand customer needs and deliver solutions? Do you have the highest level of technical skills along with the ability to translate those skills to any audience? At Tanium our Technical Solutions Engineering (TSE) team works closely with Sales and Technical Account Management (TAM) teams to engage current and potential customers. We drive and lead the technology evaluation stage of the sales cycle, demo the platform, and deliver comprehensive Proof of Value (POV).
You will be engaged in interactive pre-sales discovery meetings, analysis of customers’ current technology and architecture, operational and business needs; and the development and presentation of appropriate Tanium solutions. You will lead deep-dive technical discussions with the customer to position Tanium’s transformative enterprise operations and security platform to the relevant stakeholders, from C-level to the technology user.
Minimum & Preferred Job Qualifications
- 5 + years of operational and/or selling experience in endpoint operations security or SaaS Offerings
- 4+ years of experience in customer-facing or customer support positions
- Significant software pre-sales or related value-based technical selling expertise in enterprise environments
- Experience presenting at multiple levels, from C-Suite to Solution Users
- A demonstrated track record of taking ownership of complex initiatives and producing successful outcomes
- Broad knowledge of the IT security, operations, and compliance space and products
- Deep knowledge with hands-on experience in one or more of the following:
○ Endpoint Security ○Cloud Computing ○Containers
○ IT Operations Management ○ Regulatory Compliance ○ Automation
- Broad knowledge of scripting languages is a plus
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Naturally team-oriented with a mission-first attitude
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent experience required
Does this sound like you?
- A Technical Solutions Engineer that thrives on complex business problems and solving them with technology.
- Are you the “go-to” Technical Solutions Engineer who excels under pressure?
- Are you a technologist who enjoys working with customers on delivering successful business outcomes?
- Do you wish you could be more hands-on with technology throughout the sales process?
- Can you navigate the complexity of Enterprise customers and execute excellence at every level?
Essential Job Functions:
- Work directly with our world-class sales team from initial discovery to deal close to shorten sales cycles and improve closing rates
- Oversee and participate in initial discovery meetings with customers, providing platform demos and highly technical Proof of Value engagements for both existing customers and new sales opportunities
- Be the direct conduit translating customer business challenges into technical solutions, positioning Tanium to effectively solve those challenges
- Partner with field engineering teams (TAMs) to ensure maximum technical effectiveness and consistent customer experience throughout the POV process
- Consistently and cogently address our customers’ needs through astute verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Build, manage and maintain strong relationships with customers, peers and partners
- Actively participate and speak at regional marketing events and conferences
- Customer-facing Sales and Channel enablement, including training
- Operate as a keystone in the sales model, working with the Sales, Marketing, Product, and TAM organizations to continuously improve effectiveness and efficiency throughout the customer life-cycle
- Travel expected to be 25-50 % to engage with customers and prospects in person
- Demonstrates initiative and motivation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Thrives on problem Solving
- Be an engaging storyteller
- Must be self starter
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, the health and safety of our employees and the community are our top priority. In our effort to control the spread of Covid-19, Tanium requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as of their start date. If you are unable to get the Covid-19 vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief, Tanium will engage in the interactive process and consider requests for an accommodation.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.