As Director of Product Management at Tanium, you will be responsible for the development & business success of Tanium products that are part of Tanium's security and IT operations portfolio. In this role, you will work with engineering, product, sales & marketing, technical account managers, and customers on very-high-importance, cross-functional analytical & strategic projects to ensure alignment of our overall product vision, product development, and ultimately, our go-to-market strategies. While keeping in mind customer needs, satisfaction, and adoption.
Ideal candidates are entrepreneurial, have intuition and an understanding of what makes an enterprise software business successful. They would also strike a balance between having a strong technical data analysis and modeling ability, but also the intuition around business & strategy needed to understand Tanium's practical realities.
What you’ll do:
- Take ownership of the strategy, growth, and success of Tanium product
- Assist in the development of sales and technical enablement materials
- Identify and cultivate strategic customer relationships to obtain feedback on existing products, identify opportunities, and establish requirements for emerging products
- Collaborate with sales leadership to establish the go-to market strategy for your products, target prospective customers, and exploit competitive differentiators for your products
- Support product marketing initiatives, partner relationships, and other opportunities to accelerate the adoption of your products and to build Tanium’s brand
- Define strategic direction for your products and work with stakeholders, both internal and external, to achieve buy-in for your vision and their role in executing on it
- Collaborate with the product management team to identify new products that align with Tanium’s technology, strategic direction, and business imperatives
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA/BS degree from a leading undergraduate institution
- 3-5 years Enterprise Software experience
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in analytical (investment banking, consulting, data science), strategic (product management, business operations, strategy), or engineering (software engineer) roles
- Demonstrable ability with analytical tools like Excel, SQL, R, & Python
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience with IT operations & systems management products
- 3-5 years of experience supporting IT operations and systems management products from a consulting or vendor point of view
- Demonstrated success in working with engineering teams to plan, develop & launch successful software products
- Excellent communicator with an intuition for technology & software business strategy
- Intuition to identify greenfield (or neglected) markets that align with Tanium’s platform and present opportunities for rapid growth
- Willingness to take on firmly entrenched competitors with creative approaches to technology, & tenacious pursuit to build and grow a product’s customer base
- Ability to establish and nurture strong customer champions for a product that can serve as its advocates and its advisory board
- Strong written communication, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Adept at understanding and navigating organizations in order to inspire and influence internal and external customers
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, & Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking Care of Our Team Members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.