Partner, Technical Solutions Engineer
At Tanium, Partner Technical Solution Engineers thrive on enabling and enhancing partner technical sales skills and offerings using Tanium.
This role focuses on:
- Identifying, qualifying and exploring new ways for consultancies, systems integrators, and managed services providers to derive value from the Tanium platform.
- Working closely with our partners to architect, develop, and enhance partner sales and services leveraging Tanium in alignment with our mutual business goals.
- Building and growing relationships with the partner ranging from engineers to executive leaders.
- Guide partners to realize the services value using the Tanium platform.
- Continuously advocate for the success of your partnerships within Tanium.
As a Partner Technical Solutions Engineer, you will report to the VP of Technical Partnerships, and will work closely with our partner business development team, and both technical and business-oriented partner stakeholders. Accordingly, a successful candidate will have a blend of business and technical skills. This position encompasses a wide range of responsibilities and opportunities, we seek exceptionally versatile candidates with demonstrable acumen in each of the below areas.
What you’ll do:
Work closely with our Partners to:
- Establish and deliver exceptional Tanium technical value to the partner
- Become an expert in our partners’ solution and services offerings.
- Manage the technical relationship with our key stakeholders at the partner firm
- Develop trust with all levels within the partner organization
- Evangelize the Tanium platform generating Tanium preference.
- Impart partners how to incorporate Tanium in their services offerings
- Enable and provide support facilitating Tanium Demo/POC of the Tanium platform
- Function as an advisor/liaison between partners and product development
- Engage to develop and execute on the technical strategy, plan, and objectives for partners and Tanium.
- Thrive in a team-oriented culture through delivering a significant individual contribution while collaborating with and strengthening teammates.
- Think critically, spanning the partners’ service development, creation, enablement, and sales process.
- Work closely with Tanium Partner Business Development team.
- Expected to travel up to 60% of the time on average (varies by partner requirements)
We’re looking for someone with:
- BS degree in computer science, MIS, or equivalent experience required
- Knowledge of working with partners and integrating software solutions with service providers
- Experience in a role requiring translating between the business and technology realms, for example pre-sales engineering, consulting.
- Proficient delivering technical sales instruction and guidance to small and large groups on technology, technical concepts, and use.
- Core technical understanding, developed through 5+ years of hands-on experience in one or more of the domains below, of the modern IT environment. Broad knowledge across several technical domains is required, coupled with deep knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Endpoint Security
- Endpoint Support/Troubleshooting
- Incident response
- Systems Management
- Systems Administration
- Software Engineering
- Utility Scripting (e.g., bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc.)
- Ability to envision how technology can create or enhance business opportunities for service providers.
- Track record of driving projects from idea to implementation.
- Hands-on Tanium experience a major plus
- Naturally team-oriented with a mission first attitude
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, the health and safety of our employees and the community are our top priority. In our effort to control the spread of Covid-19, Tanium requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as of their start date. If you are unable to get the Covid-19 vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief, Tanium will engage in the interactive process and consider requests for an accommodation.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.
Lastly, all US offer documents have been updated in Greenhouse. Any offer requests will include this new policy. Please ensure to inform your candidates at offer stage about this policy before requesting to draft/create an offer today.