We are looking for a Director to join our FP&A team where you will manage a team responsible for the forecast including revenue and operating cash flow. You will be an integral part of a Finance team charged with providing the highest caliber of relevant financial and business analysis that is insightful and actionable. This is a high-impact and high-visibility role. Your responsibilities will influence decision making at the Executive Team, and Finance Leadership levels. The ideal candidate will have management experience, strong financial modeling/analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to partner with key leaders in a fast-paced/high-growth environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- You will establish positive relationships with and become a key advisor to our respective leadership teams (SVP of Engineering and Chief Product Officer) allowing you to build a nuanced understanding of data inputs and outputs.
- Build/improve consolidated management reporting, financial scenario modeling, and analysis that provides relevant and insightful information for key decision making.
- Responsible for creating executive level reports (Quarterly Business Reviews, Board Presentations and Financial Reporting) to inform senior leadership on Tanium’s financial performance and provide guidance on near-term and long-term risks and opportunities.
- Work closely with the Engineering, Product, and workforce leadership teams to drive short term and long-range workforce capacity planning.
- Partner with workforce planning to track key metrics and performance indicators to evaluate the health of the business.
- Prepare high-quality business analyses, insights, and modeling on ad hoc projects for the, CFO, VP of FP&A, SVP of Engineering, Chief Product Officer
- Coordinate month-end, quarter-end and year-end reporting requirements.
- Analyze financial results, distill and synthesize key trends, assess current and future business risk, and communicate key messages to executive leadership.
- Drive improvements within existing financial models and forecasting tools including enhancements to Adaptive Planning.
- Comfortable working in high growth environments and having to operate in ambiguity.
Minimum and Preferred Job Qualifications:
- MBA preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance. MBA preferred
- 8+ years experience in a business partnering role at a high-growth technology company
- Proven ability to lead high performing teams
- Advance Excel and experience building sophisticated models.
- Advance Powerpoint and experience with data visualization tools.
- Experience with Adaptive Planning or similar finance forecasting systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to quickly craft precise and elegant responses. Ability to communicate with a c-suite and institutional investor audience.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and financial concepts
- Prior experience supporting product, engineering, or platform/infrastructure
- Proven track record of successfully partnering with domestically distributed stakeholders
- Experience thinking strategically about complex business problems, leading to recommendation and action plans
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
At Tanium, the health and safety of our employees and the community are our top priority. In our effort to control the spread of Covid-19, Tanium requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as of their start date. If you are unable to get the Covid-19 vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief, Tanium will engage in the interactive process and consider requests for an accommodation.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.