The Commercial Operations Program Manager will be responsible for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of Commercial Operations led initiatives. This role will optimize the business outcome through achievement of best practices in people, process and system within Commercial Operations. This role will build project plans to meet SLAs, identifying technological and procedural solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness for both the customer experience and internal departments.
What you'll do:
- Manage ad hoc projects in support of the Commercial Operations team
- Design roadmap to end state vision with respect to people, process and system in pursuit of business outcomes aligned with Tanium strategic objectives
- Identify, codify, continuously improve, and integrate all commercial operations processes and policies
- Develop and implement an overall communication strategy where our Global Sales teams are notified and educated around changes and improvements
- Participate in evaluation and transition to new tools / technologies
- Serve as interpreter, as needed, between the technical team and the business stakeholders, advocating for the business stakeholders
- Ensure that all enhancements and changes to the design are evaluated for global applicability
- Continuous collaboration with the internal customers to adopt, optimize and extend, where applicable, the appropriate processes and enablement, while reviewing and approving the comprehensive business requirements
- Project manage if needed to coordinate the timeline, stakeholders and execution of outcome
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Minimum of 8 years of related professional experience
- Intimate knowledge of Salesforce and the CPQ module. This is key.
- Project management skills including being proficient in a project management tool
- Experience in tracking and reporting on metrics
- Executive communication
- Do you possess the ability to ‘net it out’, to get to the essence of the challenge, simplify the seemingly complex, design a solution in pursuit of that, possess a high accountability philosophy, communicate clearly and concisely?
- Do you instill a sense of confidence in your customer, manager that you own it and know how to drive to a successful outcome, can qualify and rationalize challenges or curve balls thrown at you?
- An individual that possesses a “wow” factor. What have you done that has surpassed expectations in delivery and outcome?
- An individual with a strong appreciation for business intelligence in pursuit of business outcome.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Apttus and other visualization tools
- Experience working with sales teams and sales support teams
- Strong project management capability with deadline focus. Proven ability to create comprehensive business requirement documentation.
- Experience and proven success with the software development lifecycle; design, build, test, UAT, cutover, deploy, operationalize.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities and use of judgment
- Ability to work effectively in a distributed work environment/self-starter
- Ability to establish and leverage trusted relationship with business stakeholders
- Ability to find creative solutions when options are limited while ensuring that unique critical requirements are not adversely impacted
- Experience in effectively leading change
Tanium is the platform that the most demanding and complex organizations trust to gain visibility and control across all endpoints in on-premises, cloud and hybrid environments. Tanium addresses today’s increasing IT challenges with high fidelity endpoint data — giving IT operations, security and risk teams confidence to quickly manage, secure and protect their networks at scale. Nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces trust Tanium to help see and control every endpoint, everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for six consecutive years and ranks on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Large Workplaces in Technology 2021.” Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
At Tanium, the health and safety of our employees and the community are our top priority. In our effort to control the spread of Covid-19, Tanium requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as of their start date, to the extent allowed by applicable law. If you are unable to get the Covid-19 vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief, Tanium will engage in the interactive process and consider requests for an accommodation.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.