The Administrative Operations Intern will contribute to making our functional operations best in class by supporting our remote first workforce. The Administrative Operations Intern will systematically dissect existing processes for inefficiencies within the Procurement, Real Estate, & Security functions. They will then strategically develop new & innovative processes to solve for these inefficiencies with the goal of providing our employees with the support they need to get the job done. Once processes are developed, they will partner with the Process Development & Implementation Manager to successfully implement these processes, ensuring the long-term process owner understands how to operate it successfully. They will assist in supporting all Administrative Operations functions and those this team integrates with, including but not limited to the IT, HR Operations, Legal, Finance, & Accounting teams. They will gain broad exposure by assisting in a range of projects and deliverables that actually impact Tanium's ability to be agile & successfully operate.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to daily standups with various functional partners to ensure current processes are being applied effectively
- Meet with manager & functional stakeholders to understand current process flows and identify pain points
- Visually depict current and future processes, calling out areas for improvement
- Utilize & learn operational project management
- Contribute to Administrative function budget data entry and spend tracking
- Learn various tools for project management and critical path tracking
- Develop business acumen through one-on-one learning sessions with strategic business leaders
- Support various programs as directed by the Process Development & Implementation Manager & Head of Global Administrative Operations
- Develop understanding of basic supply chain, procurement, & sourcing operations
- Gain exposure to other Administrative functions including Commercial Real Estate, Construction Project Management, Crisis Management, & Business Continuity
We are looking for someone who is:
- Authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future
- Available to work full-time from June 12, 2023 to August 18, 2023
- Graduation date Spring 2024 or Fall 2023
- A currently enrolled undergraduate student with a minimum GPA of 3.5, preferred studying in Business Administration, Project Management, Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or related fields
- Exceptional in interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-driven and creative with the passion to go above and beyond
- Strong in attention to detail and high integrity
- Strong working knowledge of applications such as Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and other collaboration tools is required
Other helpful qualifications:
- Transitioning Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- EST time zone helpful but not required
All our interns are paid an hourly wage to work full-time for the duration of our internship.
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most. Interns and other Tanium contractors are eligible for VTO after 90 days of employment.