Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars in payments each year and enable hundreds of thousands of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently. More than half of US internet users have purchased something from a Stripe user in the past year.
To further this important mission, we are looking for an experienced Recruiting Manager to help lead and grow a team in APAC. This role will oversee a team of full-cycle technical recruiters, focused on their development and exceptional execution against hiring goals. You will drive strategic initiatives to optimise for the caliber and productivity of Stripe’s tech recruiting organization, and collaborate closely with tech leadership. In this role you’ll be responsible for – but not limited to – helping to shape the future of the tech recruiting team, owning the development and direct management of a pod of recruiters, leading and managing cross functional projects, reporting, and performance management. You must be a builder who thrives in a learning environment – unafraid to try new things, embrace new ideas, and welcome suggestions for how we can iterate on our processes. You will partner closely with tech leaders to drive key programs and initiatives that enhance Stripe’s effort to attract, recruit, and retain diverse talent.
This role will be based in the APAC, but office location is flexible (including remote).
- Manage and scale a team of full-cycle technical recruiters to deliver excellent performance, develop their recruiting expertise, and facilitate their professional development
- Partner with senior engineering leaders across the organization to understand their hiring objectives and develop team recruiting strategies to hit headcount goals
- Drive process efficiencies to scale hiring and team operating models across our global tech recruiting team
- Originate and build a clear diversity strategy alongside cross functional partners
- Leverage data to define success metrics, measure productivity, and inform strategic decision making
- Develop and lead recruiting focused projects to support our engineering and product hiring teams
- Continue to work on active reqs where necessary
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of recruiting management experience formally leading full cycle recruiters in a fast-paced, high-growth environment (in-house experience preferred).
- Experience sourcing and closing profiles ranging from new grad to senior management positions
- Experience partnering with hiring teams throughout the recruiting process, acting as an effective hiring partner
- Relentless drive to find and connect with the best talent
- Ability to develop more junior recruiters and provide coaching and guidance. You are deeply energised by the opportunity to unlock potential in your direct reports
- Experience partnering with senior level management
- Ability to connect and effectively communicate with people of all levels
- Experience thriving and prioritising in a constantly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness
- A growth mindset and be truly flexible. You can shift tasks and priorities when circumstances change (at a fast-growing startup, they often do)
- An interest in working in a cross-functional and fluid environment, the ability to learn quickly, and no desire to take yourself too seriously (a wry sense of humour is always appreciated!)