Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
As a startup partner within Stripe, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Stripe’s payments and platform within startup communities. Your responsibilities include identifying appropriate accelerators and VCs to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with partners and their portfolio companies to establish new business in those accounts, and to work closely with the Stripe sales team to drive the day-to-day interactions with the portfolio companies in order to build long-term business value. You’ll also work closely with the Stripe marketing team on activities which embed Stripe in the community.
What you’ll do
- Serve as a key member of the Startup Partners team in helping to drive overall Stripe market strategy for startups in the DACH region.
- Build engagement plans for top accelerators and early-stage VC that have infrastructure needs, and drive consistent engagement with their portfolio companies through consultative strategic planning and collaboration.
- Build strategic relationships with founders of portfolio companies to ensure high quality relationship management and a point of escalation for top startups.
- Execute engagement plans while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, marketing, legal, support, etc.). Work closely with the VCs and the portfolio companies to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Mentor startups on their overall technology and business aspects and establish credibility within the startups and investors community.
- Represent Stripe in the startup ecosystem and take up speaking opportunities at key accelerators and incubators.
- Take a data-driven view of your work using salesforce.com to measure and forecast accurately.
Who you are
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/founder level, as well as being technically savvy to highlight the advantages of Stripe. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
- 7+ years of business development/sales or program/product management or startup/investor experience within the technology industry.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
- Ability to learn quickly, be creative and take initiative.
- Self-reliant, adaptable, decisive, and professional.
- Fluency in German.
- Experience with and knowledge of the Venture Capital, Accelerators and Incubators community.
- Well networked in the Startup Ecosystem and should be a regular at key startup events.
- Previous infrastructure sales/knowledge, understanding of the life cycle and needs of startups.