Staff Business Application Engineer, Workday
San Francisco CA, Seattle WA, Remote
Stripe is on an extraordinary growth trajectory, with Stripes spread across 14 offices worldwide and growing. Together, we are building the economic infrastructure of the internet, helping small startups and the world’s biggest companies build products, create jobs, and scale their efforts globally.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to partner with our People Systems Program Management and Workday Platform teams to help optimize Stripe’s people technology landscape. You will be responsible for delivering integrated business services and helping to ensure our team can successfully deliver the corporate technology products required in order to provide best in class services to all Stripes.
- Design, Build, Test, and Deploy Workday Integration solutions using EIB, Core Connectors, Cloud Connect and Workday Studio
- Help resolve integration issues requiring in depth expertise in the Workday solution
- Demonstrated integration experience in Human Resources related domains, (HCM, Payroll, Benefits, Recruiting, etc.)
- Provide documentation and artifacts required for each phase of the development life cycle
- Develop test cases and peer review code of other developers
- Ensure compliance with technical best practices, standards and policies
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Computing, Web Services, and integration challenges.
- Design, implementation and support of new Workday HCM functionality, particularly around both internal and external integrations, performing system analysis and consulting with technology team members and other stakeholders to offer solutions using best software engineering practice
- Gather/document business requirements, analyzing current technology, data, and processes versus potential to create recommended solutions
- Provide functional support to the technical team in systems development and act as a liaison between end users and the technical team members
- Create test scripts, document test scenarios and perform testing activities
- Resolve issues and defects reported; executes standard software builds developed by software engineers
- Develop and document internal HRIS standard operating procedures (SOPs), partnering with the People Systems to ensure process documentation remains current; also, produce documentation in accordance with SDLC guidelines
- Willingness to work in a fluid environment with high adaptability to change is a must for this position; the candidate should also be able to work cooperatively with cross-functional, global/remote teams
- Serves as a liaison between HR, IT, and system providers to provide systems support, analysis, and to leverage technology solutions to meet the needs of the organization
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of HR Technology experience; BA/BS degree in Management of Information Systems, Computer Science, or related fields
- 5+ years of experience with Workday Integration types including EIB, Core Connectors, Cloud Connect and Workday Studio
- 5+ years of experience creating Workday custom reports and calculated fields
- 5+ years integrating systems with third-party service vendors; Proficient understanding of Workday security
- Strong concepts of Workday frameworks such as Integrations, Business Processes, Security and Advanced Report Writing. Proficiency in Web Services and technologies such as REST, SOAP, XML and XSLT
- Experience implementing Workday Integration configurations
- Ability to manage multiple work streams with conflicting deadlines
- Experience building and debugging Custom Reports, EIB’s, Connectors, Document Transforms, XSLT, and Workday Studio
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to frequent change
- Create detailed system interface specifications, field mapping, and system process designs
- Develop, test and deploy integrations required to meet business requirements
- Workday Integrations Certification is a Plus
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical skills, creativity, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong understanding of SDLC concepts, framework and deliverables
- Excellent collaboration and facilitation skills including the ability to bring together various teams and resources to deliver results
- Proactive, results oriented approach to assignments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills interacting with various levels of the organization
- Advanced knowledge, skills and abilities required to resolve more complex IT issues.
- Knowledge of planning and forecasting techniques for multiple functional areas within IT.
- Proven ability to manage a department or a group with multiple disciplines.