Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
In this manager role you will build and lead a team of high-performing Account Executives focused on the UK and Ireland, primarily on existing Stripe users, helping them to develop their skills and deliver on their ambitious targets, as well as roll your sleeves up to work directly with our users.
What you’ll do
As a Sales Manager at Stripe, you will play an instrumental role in fueling Stripe’s growth through retaining and growing Stripe’s relationship with our key customers, and winning new business. We are looking for a proactive leader who has demonstrated success dealing with ambiguity, operating in a high-growth environment, managing high-performing teams and solving problems with limited oversight. Ideal candidates will have experience scaling and managing a technology sales team, and possess first-class analytical, communication and relationship-building skills.
- Recruit, train and lead a team of sales professionals.
- Develop both the long-term vision and strategy for the team, and drive progress toward key metrics.
- Be accountable for increasing revenue, managing day-to-day operations, and scaling the team.
- Build & strengthen relationships with key Executive stakeholders across our largest customers.
- Coach, mentor and guide the team in developing consultative and solution-based account management and sales skills.
- Effectively work cross-functionally across the organization to shape Stripe’s solutions to meet client needs.
- Inspire, motivate and enable personal and career development of team members, both to promote career growth and to increase impact for Stripe
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 7+ years of technology sales or account management experience with 2+ years of people management experience.
- Experience leading sales, account management and operations in an early stage, high-growth technology environment
- Ability to hire, train and coach a high-performance sales team
- Ability to support the teams’ efforts through strategic advice on account strategies, and serving as executive sponsor with key relationships.
- Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts, and translate them into industry- or business-relevant term
- Demonstrated passion for Stripe’s mission
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company.
- Payments experience
- Prior experience in enterprise account management, partnerships and/or business development