Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies – from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups – use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
As Stripe’s user base and global footprint grows dramatically, we have distinctly unique support problems resulting from both our type of scale and the type of businesses we partner with. The Stripe Delivery Center (SDC) strategy will provide operational leverage and expand Stripe’s portfolio of operational capabilities to support the scaled needs for external users and internal Stripe teams. We strive to deliver frictionless experiences for all of our users, whether they are an Independent Business, Startup, SMB, or Enterprise and our mission is to provide all Stripe Users with the best support experience possible.
What you’ll do
We are looking for someone who is passionate about risk mitigation, preferably within e-commerce or payments, and who possesses a deep understanding of fraud prevention and controls. This person cultivates the happiness of their team members while guiding them to be the best they can be, through feedback, coaching, mentoring, and advocacy within the organization. This means helping to set team goals, and using metrics to efficiently measure and guide team performance in pursuit of those goals. You will have a strong operations mindset, be able to move quickly, and be passionate about delivering an incredible User experience.
- Recruit, manage, coach, and develop a new team of in-office Risk Operations Associates
- Guide your team to handle risk-related user escalations, review individual Stripe accounts and transactions to identify a host of risky behaviours including fraudulent activity, large credit exposure, and regulatory non-compliance.
- Your team will investigate accounts to identify fraudulent merchants, account takeovers, and other fraud vectors
- Drive strong operational delivery and process improvement helping to maintain fraud detection strategies and business rules that balance fraud loss and customer experience
- Build a great culture and ensure team members are happy, effective, and growing in their career
- Set clear goals and direction, and provide regular feedback on team members’ performance
- Be data-driven in your analysis of performance, and in your decision making
- Transmit and foster our values, serving as a beacon of Stripe’s user-centric philosophy and culture of transparency, empathy, inclusion, and empowerment
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- At least 5+ years of direct people management experience
- Experience in payments, e-commerce, or fintech mitigating digital/card-not-present fraud
- Experience with payments, risk, compliance, or the financial industry operations.
- Knowledge of fraud schemes, fraud prevention methods, and fraud detection tools
- Strong operational background including new process launch, service delivery in a high growth technology company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to partner effectively with internal globally geographically distributed stakeholders
- Skill and credibility doing the core work of a user facing team with a high bar for quality, and a willingness to lead by example
- Passion for process improvement and innovation