Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. A very large part of our endeavour is to expand the scope of problems we tackle beyond payments and into the rest of the financial stack.
As Stripe continues to develop innovative products that serve businesses of all sizes around the world, risk will increase in complexity and scale. The Product Risk Strategy team is a global team of risk strategists and program managers across products and markets who are embedded with Product and Eng teams at Stripe as trusted risk advisors. As part of the Product Risk Strategy team, you will protect and advance Stripe’s business, brand and mission, by deploying industry-leading risk strategies that instil user and partner trust, while enabling business growth for our users!
As part of this team, you will be a subject matter expert in Stripe’s risk policies that include areas such as fraud, credit, liquidity, partnership and brand risks. You will provide expert guidance to the business in navigating complex areas to enable product launches with the appropriate risk strategy.
- Be embedded in Stripe’s Multi-product Solutions and Money Movement Teams to drive risk strategy for company-level strategic initiatives. This includes scoping, design, and execution for supporting product launches.
- Own the broader comms strategy and execution to inform the Risk org on product roadmap, developments, mitigations, and challenges.
- Partner with internal stakeholders (product, eng, sales, partnerships, data science) to identify and build mitigations against risks associated with product initiatives.
- Assess a product’s risk performance, and help develop and prioritize long-term strategic plans for future growth. Perform analyses and research to inform decision-making, and improve observability in partnership with data science.
- Enable products to safely grow at scale, continuously optimizing for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Challenge the status quo and provide multiple alternative solutions and key execution criteria.
- Continue learning about the payments space through industry engagement and independent research, and scale your knowledge to others.
- Execute special projects/ad hoc analyses, as initiatives, products, risks, and opportunities are constantly evolving.
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably in Financial Services, Payments or fintech industries.
- 3+ years experience in a related role (risk, compliance and/or product enablement).
- Experience in developing risk solutions and strategies and working with technical (product and engineering) and operational teams to implement enforcement strategies.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with an ability to influence stakeholders across functions and borders.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A results and action-orientated mindset and the ability to lead and motivate others.
- The ability to take ownership. You are accountable and drive towards ambitious goals.
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous & quickly changing environment with shifting priorities (this is a must!)
- A Bachelor's Degree
Nice To Have
- Proficiency in one of the following:
- Card network rules and regulations
- Merchant acquiring rules and regulations
- Fraud, identity, credit, or liquidity risk
- You have experience overseeing execution and delivery of programs/projects. You enjoy taking complex issues and turning them into actionable next steps.
- You are comfortable operating in SQL.
- Advanced degree in law, business, policy or other related field.