Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies – from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups – use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe is building in-person payments products, such as Stripe Terminal, to enable Stripe users to extend their online presence into the physical world and help all merchants create a unified commerce experience. This enables businesses to unlock in-person payments experiences that are best suited for their business model—whether it’s creating a flagship retail experience, unifying their online and offline commerce, or enabling a consumer mobile device to accept payments. The Terminal Partnerships team is part of the Global Partnerships organization and is responsible for developing and managing relationships that enable Stripe to launch and scale Terminal globally. Our team executes on high-impact, cross-functional initiatives that enable new product experiences and growth areas for Stripe Terminal through our partnerships.
In 2022, we considerably expanded our Terminal footprint across 4 continents and enabled merchants to benefit from the return to in-person commerce at a global scale. We also launched a groundbreaking way to accept payments using mobile devices with the launch of Tap to Pay on iPhone. This is only the beginning as we drive Stripe Terminal to new levels of usability and reach in 2023 and beyond.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a strategic, entrepreneurial business development leader with strong product instincts, experience negotiating and formalizing partnership agreements, and working with cross-functional teams. You will be responsible for identifying new opportunities, managing ongoing initiatives, leading cross-functional teams to evaluate and execute on product and business initiatives, and executing new partnering agreements to continue Teminal’s growth and ecosystem.
- Identify, develop and lead new partnerships that empower our users to build point-of-sale experiences that will shape the future of in-person commerce e.g., new capabilities, products and/or commercial models.
- Structure and negotiate first-of-kind deals for initial go-to-market or product enablement partnerships with large B2B technology companies, in existing and new geographies.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, Technical Project Managers, Legal, Marketing and other cross-functional partnership teams to develop and execute our Terminal strategy.
- Understand our partners’ key priorities, challenges, and internal roadmaps; regularly communicate insights and recommendations to the Terminal team.
- Develop strategic perspectives based on market and partner insights, actively contributing a POV to our product strategy.
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 5+ years of experience in product partnerships, business development, or corporate development, working closely with other technology or fintech companies on platform or new business development
- Strong agency, can handle ambiguity in a fast-moving organization, and thrives on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, in both verbal and written form, and ability to influence stakeholders across a wide variety of functions
- Domain expertise in payments, enterprise, commerce, hardware, and/or Point of Sale solutions
- Technical acumen, an ability to understand Stripe’s product portfolio and strategy and use this understanding to define requirements with partners and evaluate new partnership opportunities
- Humility and leads by example, setting the right context and helping teammates do their best work
- A track record of developing high-impact partnerships with significant internal and external dependencies