Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Product Marketing is a global team of capable, friendly, user-oriented marketers, partnering closely with Stripe’s world-class product and engineering teams.
Our Product Marketing team’s mission is to generate customer insights that inform Stripe’s product strategy, lead go-to-market for our suite of products, and create and execute campaigns to drive product growth. Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Stripe, partnering closely with Product and Engineering, Sales, Design, Developer Relations, and Communications to name a few. Different from many other Product Marketing teams, our team works across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving launch and commercialization, to growing product adoption post-launch.
What you'll do
We’re looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to help drive go-to-market for Stripe’s embedded payments and financial services solutions
Stripe is building the financial structure that powers the platform economy, helping thousands of software platforms, digital marketplaces, on-demand services, and creator economy platforms embed payments and financial services within their product offerings. Products such as Connect, Treasury, Issuing, and Capital enable platforms to build experiences for millions of small businesses, creators, and gig workers that help them get paid faster, manage their finances, and grow their business—all in one place. You’ll work with Product and Engineering teams to define and launch our roadmap and with Marketing and Sales teams to drive awareness, consideration, and adoption across the spectrum, from startups to the world’s largest digital platforms.
- Deeply understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed to reach different customer segments: talk regularly to users and prospects and work with our Analytics team for qualitative and quantitative insights that inform your work (content, messaging, positioning, etc.)
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for your product area to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, sales, design, PR, and engineering—to develop go-to-market strategy and drive launches for our products
- Help enable user-facing teams at Stripe—from Sales and User Operations to local teams in other countries
- Work with the Finance and Product teams to set pricing that aligns to the product value proposition and with our users’ success
- Partner with the Product and Growth Marketing teams to track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis
- Think globally as we work to expand our solutions around the world, adapting your understanding of local market needs, competitors, and pricing accordingly
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- A storyteller. You have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from developer to CFO—and differentiate Stripe. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data-oriented. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our products to market
- Organized. You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various workstreams on track
- Passionate about product and tech. You are keen to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand. You follow tech trends, and you’re excited about building incredible product experiences
- Ambitious and adaptable. You are eager to make an impact at Stripe. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right
- A team player. Product Marketers collaborate across the Marketing team and with basically every team at Stripe. You are able to work with a range of disciplines to execute on your work
- 7+ years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, product management, sales engineering, operational roles, or strategy consulting
- 4+ years of product marketing work experience, specifically in a technology company
- Experience working on marketing or growth throughout a product’s lifecycle
- Experience in B2B marketing working closely with product development and sales teams
- We don’t expect you to have all of these things (but the more the merrier!)
- Fintech experience