Stripe is a global company, serving customers around the world. Our International Product Marketing team’s mission is to raise awareness and adoption of our products in key geographies. We do that through generating customer insights that inform Stripe’s product strategy, leading the go-to-market strategy and launches for the suite of Stripe products and solutions, and driving product adoption in partnership with customer-facing and product teams around the globe.
We’re looking for an experienced, creative, and results-oriented product marketer to support our regional initiatives across Europe. As one of the first Stripe product marketers in Europe, this role will help shape the products we build through local customer and competitive insights, drive successful launches that showcase our differentiation, and create compelling positioning, resources and experiences to generate ongoing growth and adoption of our products.
The ideal candidate is a well-rounded product marketer with proven experience. They have a passion for championing customer needs, can build high growth go-to-market strategies and execute with entrepreneurial ownership. We’re looking for a candidate that can set product marketing strategy as well as roll up their sleeves and execute.
What you’ll do:
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users in Europe, by conducting user research, being informed about our competitive landscape, and becoming the go-to product market expert for our key regions to help shape the product roadmap and strategy.
- Research, develop, and deploy regional value propositions and narrative messaging targeted at local users to be activated into content, campaigns, and sales engagements.
- Drive launches for our products by working closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, sales, design, PR, and engineering.
- Develop regional sales enablement plans, adapting or creating region-specific sales content and tools, and driving the adoption of products in the region
- Partner with the other marketing teams to track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis
- Work in close partnership with several cross-functional teams including global product marketing teams, marketing, sales, product, communications, user operations, and more.
Who you are:
- A storyteller. You have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from developer to CFO—and differentiate Stripe. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Market-minded. You’ve worked in Europe and have a strong understanding and appreciation for the nuances of how to successfully build products for different market contexts.
- Data-oriented. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our products to market.
- Organized. You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various work streams on track.
- Passionate about technology. You are keen to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact at Stripe. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right
- A team player. International Product Marketers collaborate across the Marketing team and with basically every team at Stripe. You are able to work with a range of disciplines to execute on your work
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of go-to market experience working in technology, infrastructure, or platform companies is preferred.
- Ability to conduct regional, market, competitor, and customer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities
- Ability to create value propositions and messaging strategies
- Ability to create compelling business cases to influence product investments
- Ability to link regional product and solution launches to global campaign themes and goals
- Above average writing, communication, and presentation development and delivery skills
- Strong collaboration, influencer, and cross-functional working skills
- Critical thinking
- Project management
- Time management
- Optional but preferred: Working knowledge of German or French
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have interest in developing new capabilities.