Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of all sizes—from new startups to public companies like Amazon and Salesforce—use our software to accept online payments and run technically sophisticated financial operations in more than 100 countries. By helping businesses accept payments from anywhere in the world and accelerating the economic shift from offline to online, we aim to increase the GDP of the internet.
About the role and the team:
We are looking for a seasoned Product Manager to own the payment acceptance roadmap for Stripe Connect (Connect) and is the primary interface with the Connect team. Connect is a set of APIs and tools that allow platforms and marketplaces to build and pay out sellers or service providers globally. Connect now powers 75% of the world's top marketplaces, including digital natives — like Shopify, Mindbody, and Lightspeed – and innovative enterprises like Walgreens, Nandos, and Hargreaves Landsdown.
Our team owns the core set of APIs to manage payments globally. The roadmap for accepting payments and complex integrations with Connect that result are the intersection that is the heart of this role. Your responsibilities include deeply understanding the payment acceptance and Connect technology and driving the roadmap to ensure that Connect is leading in terms of our payment acceptance innovations and that developers and Connect users are having a best in class experience. This product manager will partner with the engineering lead for our payin platform, the Connect team, our partnership and sales organizations among others. This is a high leverage role at the heart of making Stipe’s core business excel.
- Steer the roadmap for Stripe’s core payment technology related to Connect
- Own the day-to-day process for how we interact with the needs of Connect and the associated payment acceptance roadmap and product development
- Work cross-functionally to build new products and technology and drive process improvements
- Engage with leadership from many of our largest merchants to speak to our roadmap and specific needs for their businesses
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of product experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment, deals well with ambiguity and focuses on driving impact
- Analytical horsepower: Demonstrated aptitude for digging deep into the data, thinking from first principles, and delivering the best results
- Team-first mentality: You have a knack for working well with a wide range of people
- Crisp communicator: High attention to detail including precise and effective communications, including with external customers/partners
- Results-oriented: You enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute on complex projects
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.