Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of all sizes—from new startups to public companies like Amazon and Salesforce—use our software to accept online payments and run technically sophisticated financial operations in more than 100 countries. By helping businesses accept payments from anywhere in the world and accelerating the economic shift from offline to online, we aim to increase the GDP of the internet.
About the team:
The Cash Management Platform org owns the core money movement services that all Stripe products interact with. This includes accurately predicting and tracking the cash positions of Stripe and its merchants in all regions we operate, and ensuring that the right amount of cash can be delivered in the right currency at the right time. We build the platform that abstracts away complexities like adhering to cross-border regulations, accepting different currencies, and doing risk-based cash reservations and liquidity management. We are also responsible for the policy engine that centralizes policy checks across Stripe products and the book-keeping of all money movement records, merchant balances, and Stripe’s cash and regulatory information.
- Lead various initiatives for the Cash Platform
- Define and execute on the product roadmap that is central in helping Stripe understand and manage the cash flow globally
- Lay the foundation for optimizing how the cash will get used (e.g. if there is a surplus of EUR compared to USD, how do we optimize the currency conversions and use the surplus)
- Work with key product infrastructure that provides money movement and storage capabilities
We are looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of product management experience in a fast-paced tech company or startup
- Analytical, data-driven approach to facilitate good architectural and product decisions
- Shipped and operated mission-critical infrastructure
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally, think rigorously, and make hard tradeoffs
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.