Stripe is looking to hire a privacy counsel with a love for data, technology, and privacy.
Security, privacy, and transparency are important to Stripe and our users. We are looking for a driven, forward-looking and innovative senior attorney to work on a variety of privacy and data protection projects.
You will be part of the team that works to ensure that Stripe’s products and business operations comply with laws, ethics and best practices in data protection and privacy.
The right person will be comfortable with technology and applying evolving laws to innovative products and practices and pays attention to the details when it matters and does not forget the big picture. The candidate must be team-oriented, agile, adept at multitasking and be able to thrive in a changing and rapidly growing environment.
- Assist Stripe’s privacy and data protection team with the development, maintenance and enhancement of Stripe’s global privacy program, including preparing and maintaining related documentation
- Support the product, commercial and regulatory teams with tailored advice on privacy and data protection law, bearing in mind privacy by design and privacy by default principles
- Partner to implement and improve scalable processes to best serve our Users
- Collaborate closely with talented engineers to implement and improve Stripe’s privacy, data protection and data minimization tooling
- Participate as a proactive senior business partner to senior managers and build a trusted advisor relationship
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Enthusiastic, proactive and resourceful, with strong judgment
- An agile multi-tasker, comfortable with moving priorities
- Able to get focused and look for ways to de-escalate when the pace picks up
- Able to work hard when the times call for it, but are also looking to work efficiently
- Curious about an evolving industry, has a great personality, and likes to learn and to challenge yourself
Nice to haves:
- JD degree (or foreign equivalent) with membership in at least one US state bar
- 8+ years combined relevant experience in a law firm, government agency, and/or in-house legal team, ideally working on the privacy and data protection aspects of product development in the financial services and/or technology spaces, including GDPR and CCPA implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to the right details, with significant practical experience in overseeing multiple large cross-organizational projects
- Strong strategic thinking to enable business partners to make decisions that are grounded in a practical application of law, ethics, technology, and the business goals
- Managerial experience would be preferred but not essential
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and LinkedIn profile