Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
One of the key drivers to our success is an exceptional emphasis on our people. We believe that our competitive advantage lies in our talent and that we can build a sustainable advantage by enabling individuals and teams to contribute their full potential. Stripe is looking for a People Partner (HRBP) to drive that effort in either our Tech, Core, and Business Org. This includes supporting our leaders and managers through scale, creating an environment where Stripes of all backgrounds can thrive, aligning our business and technical strategy with our people strategy, using data to develop best practices from 1st principles.
What you’ll do
As a People Partner, you’ll help make Stripe a great place to work and grow. You’ll work with business leaders, managers, and employees across Stripe to strategize and implement systems, processes, and programs to help people succeed.
- Act as a strategic thought partner to Senior members of the EMEA Leadership team
- Act as an advocate and resource for Stripe employees
- Partner with and advise leaders and managers on all things people-related, such as performance management & coaching, employee relations, leveling processes, and organizational development
- Advise and consult management on Stripe HR policies and programs, in collaboration with fellow people team members and in-house counsel as necessary
- Build employee diversity and inclusion strategies for different client groups and implement impactful action throughout the organization
- Collaborate with leadership team and fellow people team members to design and implement Stripe employee processes and create Stripe experiences
- Work with legal counsel and external consultants to help ensure Stripe’s compliance with other federal, state, and local labor regulations (wage regulations, equal employment opportunity laws, etc.)
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply.
- A background of 10+ years as an HR business partner, preferably with a mix of experience in fast-growing technology companies and more established organizations
- Strong experience partnering closely with Senior Leadership Partners
- Experience working with both technical and non-technical client groups and a deep understanding of the challenges within each group
- A clear, approachable, and friendly communication style and strong customer service orientation
- Experience implementing people programs including performance coaching, employee relations, compensation review process, HR compliance, and employee development/growth
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design clear processes, and a very detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Proven ability to influence across diverse groups and levels